• Player not recognizing that he is playing his preferred position

pokeboy_808
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Tim Duncan - Unemployed Again - Playing in preferred position.fm

Description of issue

This is an incredibly bugged game. I found another.

My player does not recognize that he is playing in NCB like he was promised and I will get dinged with a broken promise because of it.

I am absolutely playing him in his positon. I've tried every variation of it (Defend, Stopper, and Cover). It is not recognizing any of it.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This error in your game has profound effects on a coach's career. A broken promise will carry for the rest of your career, which could affect getting jobs or transferring players who won't trust you. In the short term, this player is a star player and playing well for my team. This can crash his morale which can have a ripple effect through the club (Player happiness has been horrendous in FM24), and the team will start playing poorly.

This is a management game so playing a player in a position is the most basic fundamental thing in this game. This isn't a bug, it is a massive flaw.

Update, the game recognizes it now. It only took 14 matches for him to realize he was playing in the position he was promised.

• Administrators

Hello, we did play forward on your save and the player passed the promise and was happy but it seems you beat me to it.

Looking at the initial save, you made the promise on 3/1, and then kept playing him as a standard central defender till 8/3 so he's only played 50% of possible games in the role you promised. So that's why he wasn't happy.

You then changed that and the promise does not fail in the end.