• "This save game could not be loaded"

Chris Hamilton
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: "Dynamo" - Error wont load and "last save backup" is backup from same save

Description of issue

Only a month game time into my first FM24 save, and twice now when I have launched FM and tried to load my last game I get the following message "This save game could not be loaded". 

I can load the auto save back ups for this save but it seems that when I save and close FM down then an issue is occurring when I try load it again. I am not using any custom DB just the standard leagues provided.

I have never had this issue on any previous FMs and am still using the same windows laptop and playing through Steam as ever. 

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to prevent it as it seems like it's quite a common issue this year? I have uploaded the game that wont load for me and the backup from the same save that I can access. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, are you closing down the game in any weird way?

No just top right FM - save game then FM quit game and exit. And then just windows power off as normal. 

As I said this doesn’t happen every time but after it done it for the second time it seemed a bit strange. 

• Administrators

Hmm interesting. I would recommend making some copies of your save just in case it happens again, thankfully your back up file is loading.

8 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hmm interesting. I would recommend making some copies of your save just in case it happens again, thankfully your back up file is loading.

Yep back ups are a must but will be doing them more regularly now.

Will also start a completely new game and see if the issue happens again or if it’s just related to my first save. Does look like there are a few posts on here with the same issue though. 

Was there any errors in the saves I uploaded with the post? 

They were named “Dynamo” and “last save overwrite backup”

* Update - I think I might have found the issue for anyone who had a similar problem. Noticed my laptop battery hadn’t been holding its charge and was only working off the power cord. Has since been replaced and so far haven’t had any save/load errors.