• Buyout Clause states incorrect numbers in News Article

Onebadterran
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Aldrin Keller - QPR.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

When activating the buyout clause for installments, the resulting news article is confusing and potentially incorrect. You can see in the screenshots, Shrewsbury are owed another $104k and I can buy it out now for $61.38k. When I buyout the clause it correctly states the $61.38k but then states that Shrewsbury were owed $4.73k p/m for 2 months, giving the impression I paid $61.38k for something that should only cost $9.46k.

When reviewing Transfer Debt, buying out the clause changes the Transfer Debt from $798,567 to $713,315, a net difference of $85,252, which is neither of the numbers listed in the email. I would expect the debt to decrease by the full $104k If you look at the Expenditure section in Finances you can see the Transfer Expenditure shows $61,450 (this is correct as $61,450 - $70 = $61,380 as expected).

However, when you look at the Transfer Budget you can see the original value is $15,029,095. After activating the clause it goes down to $14,967,714. A difference of $61,381, which is in conflict with what is seen on the Transfer Expenditure line item on the Finance page as a discrepancy of $1. I understand in this instance it may only be $1, no big deal, but it could potentially result in a much larger discrepancy in the future depending on the true scope of the discrepancy. Maybe a rounding issue or how it interacts with the Wage Budget?

None of the numbers seem to line up here so hoping to get some clarity on if this is intended or a bug spanning multiple systems.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    - Load up 'Aldrin Keller - QPR.fm' attached save game
    - Go to Transfers -> Clauses and buyout the Installments clause for Callum Hardy
    - Review the finances of the club (transfer amount, finance expenditures, and transfer debt) and compare them to the email inbox item "Shrewsbury receive $61.38K for Hardy clause buyout"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments