• Cannot cancel contract offer to player after interacting with board about transfer

CFuller
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: CFuller_Springett.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I want to sign Tony Springett permanently from Norwich after he had a successful loan spell with us last season and have asked the board to make an offer to his club Norwich. The chairperson agrees to make an offer (which is accepted) and the director of football negotiates a contract.

However, I am having second thoughts after seeing the size of the transfer fee and contract that have been offered. I try to cancel the transfer - both through the inbox message and the Transfers tab - but even when I do, the offer remains on the table.

Indeed, Springett will still accept our offer, even after a rival bid comes in. Only then can I cancel the offer.

Steps to reproduce:

• Load the save file provided.
    • Go to Tony Springett's profile (you can find him on my shortlist) and go to Transfer > Make An Offer.
    • Click "Interact With Board" and suggest that we will be able to achieve great things if we sign Springett. The chairperson will agree and will make an offer to Norwich.
    • Exit the meeting and click "Continue". Advance until you receive an inbox message headlined "Millwall's Springett offer accepted".
    • Open the inbox message and click on "Cancel Transfer".
    • In the pop-up message, on "Yes". This will not change anything.
    • Open up the Transfers tab and click on the X on Springett's entry.
    • In the pop-up message, click on "Yes" again. This will also not change anything.
    • Go back to the inbox message and see that the second paragraph has been changed from "I will handle the contract negotiations with this player" to "Millwall have cancelled contract negotiations with Springett".
    • Open up Springett's profile and note that our offer has not been cancelled.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments