• Contract Demands Grossly Disproportionate

BanOly
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: SL Benfica.fm

Description of issue

Me and my friend are playing an online game, SL Benfica v Sporting CP

Not only are players demanding new contracts at an extreme rate (Bah wants a new contract already despite only joining the club last year!) but their demands relative to their current wages, the current wage structure of the club, and their stature within the club, are grossly disproportionate.

Rafa for me is already one of the highest-paid players at the club, at €32k p/w. Otamendi is my highest-paid player, at €67k p/w. Rafa demands €100k p/w to renew. He is 30.

My friend says that Morita and Matheus Reis both want €60k, and Marcus Edwards wants €70k. His highest-paid player is Coates at €36k.

This kind of rubbish just isn't sustainable, and is going to tank the longevity of our save at this rate. This was NOT an issue in last year's edition of the game, at least not to the extent that every single player demands double the wage of our highest-paid player.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: Rafa, the first player in my team to speak up and request an improved contract. The first major decision to be made of the whole save.

He wants €100k a week, over 1.5 times that of my highest-paid player. I'm not even allowed to offer him any more than €50k a week. It's rejected instantly.

The dressing room loses faith in me. I can't tell them that the club can't afford his terms, because that option doesn't exist on FM.

I can't tell the player that I want to renew, but can't afford to meet his terms, because that option doesn't exist on FM.

I'm going to get sacked, and there was quite literally nothing I could do about it.

Awesome game.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, do you have a save file from before Rafa demands a new deal you can send us?

No, I don't have one from that far back.

I'm pretty sure I hadn't offered Antonio Silva a new deal yet when I submitted this save though, and I definitely hadn't begun to negotiate with Bah yet, and I'm sure they'll all request to be my new highest-paid player by a long shot.

Edited by BanOly