• English ESC places not being assigned correctly

stewart.wright
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Chesterfield - player allocation failure Files Uploaded: Save Game

I am playing in the English leagues (league two) as Chesterfield, and brought a player from overseas, in this case Australia. Upon agreeing to a contract, as expected the player was not eligible for a work permit, so I allocated a ESC place. This worked fine until the player renewed their contract. By this point I had been promoted to League One. Once renewed, I went through the process of applying for a work permit, which of course was rejected. I then allocated an ESC place. However, the player is now still considered unavailable because apparently he doesn't have a work permit, and the allocate ESC is no longer working, even though the message in the inbox says it has been allocated. 

So in short, the ESC place work when a player first signs, but there is a bug preventing it being applied when the contract is renewed. This problem has happened a couple of times now, and is occurring consistently, as described. it took a couple for me to work out I wasn't doing anything wrong and what it was specifically. One other example was a player who I had on loan. This was earlier in my play through. In this case the player was already at the club when I arrived. When I bought him outright, the ESC allocation didn't work and he was unavailable. Considering he was my best player, I was not happy. 

The save file attached was saved a couple of days after the allocation was made unsuccessfully. The relevant inbox item is the 5th of October, 2 days before. 

I hope this helps. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments