• Pay Raise to minimum, Faulty Contract Logic

nms1987
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 26aug29.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

This is a carry over issue from FM23 that does not appear to be addressed in FM24.  Caveat, I'm noticing this on a FM23 save game I converted, so maybe isn't the case with new games... but I bet it is.

There is no way to easily give players a pay raise to the minimum salary for registration.  So, I am in La Liga 2, which has a  77,500 (euros) a year minimum salary for registration.  I have a couple 20-22 year olds that have been on my youth squad and out on loans to third tier clubs, and they have been on appropriate contract for that type of player (15 to 30k a year).  I think they're ready to play a minor role on the first team this season, but I can't register them because they make far below the La Liga 2 minimum salary for registration.  There SHOULD be a prompt when I try to register them, that says something like "player salary below registration minimum, would you like to increase to minimum?".  Nothing else changes in the contract - bonuses, years, options, release clause stay the same - but salary goes up and they can be reg'd.

But ok, I can't do this.  So I try to offer a guy a new contract with everything else still the same (years, clauses, options, bonuses) as his current deal but with a 78k salary and a 50% relegation reduction clause.  Again, he is making 30k a year now, so even if we get relegated this year he'd drop to 39k... so still more money than he makes now!  But nope, he rejects it.  He wants a better deal, despite nothing changing from this deal except more money.  It has no trade-offs for him, only gains!  It's not like this is a "player wants a better deal because he has been performing so well" situation either.  Only previous playing experience is loans on the 3rd tier.  Which brings me to another reason it's illogical for a guy to refuse to sign this deal... you think he'd want to play first team football at a higher level, which he has to accept the deal to do.

A side issue is that this also limits your ability to loan guys in.  Many loan targets of mine from the Portuguese leagues make less than 78k/yr.  You'd think that even if a guy is on a 60k a year contract with his Portuguese team, when I loan him in, I could agree to pay him an extra 18k/yr more so he could be registered.  I assume that is how things would happen in real life, though I don't know.  I'd be curious what the real life norm is for these situations.

I have uploaded Ze Porto - Huelva 26aug29.fm

To recreate this issue... try to give contracts to Akande Afolabi or Jesus Nsi.  Offer them 78k/yr and the same appearance bonuses, contract end date, release clause, 50% promotion bonus and a 50% relegation reduction (again, even if relegated, they'd make more after this reduction than they do now), and then lock in those values and offer.  They will say they are backed into a corner and refuse, costing themselves the chance to make more money and play first team football.  I guess have fun doing nothing and making nothing all year guys.

I'm sure there are logical, easy solutions in real life to these situations that FM's player logic won't allow to be implemented for some reason, very frustrating, shouldn't be this difficult.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we appreciate the detailed information.

This would fall more under a Feature Request than a Bug. 

So I will look to log this as a Feature Request for a future game, thank you.

Feels like a player rejecting a contract that is identical to his current in every way, except more money, is kind of a bug.  Not sure what the game logic of him not wanting the more money is.