• Player incorrectly asking for "Star Player" playing time after initial transfer rejection

brunovanrooney
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: brunovanrooney_man_utd.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I wanted to buy Zaire-Emery as Man United in Jan 2025 -- PSG accepted an offer but I negotiated too hard and contract negotiations fell through. WZE was asking for "Breakthrough Prospect" playing time, which was fine.

I waited for a bit and re-bid with the same valuation, which for whatever reason PSG didn't accept (reason given was something along the lines of "recent transfer was withdrawn so they won't give an immediate answer", which seems strange considering it only failed because of transfer negotiations). Anyhow, I added like 3 mil the previous offer and they agreed again. This time, Zaire-Emery's agent said that he was interested in joining and that his playing time would be "would like to come into the team to impress" (i.e. breakthrough prospect, I think?). But when I went to start negotiations -- the playing time selected was "Star Player", and if I countered with a lower offer the agent would go "orange" and lock in Star Player. I went through with it anyway (in the hope that I'd reduce his playing time slowly) but the transfer failed again because I had already signed 6 under-18 foreign players. Bah. I signed him after the transfer window passed and had the same issue with the playing time but the transfer finally went through.

The save I've attached should be post the Jan transfer window, but you can replicate by trying to sign WZE again (just bump the previous offer by 3 mil) and offering him a contract. The agent's information and what actually is offered is completely different.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the response. Shouldn't that reflect with the agent's demands then? The main issue seems to be that the agent says one thing in the initial discussion and then the player asks for something else in the negotiations.