• Player stuck in limbo - refused British work permit, but transfer not cancelled

CFuller
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: CFuller_Badelj2024.fm, CFuller_Badelj2033.fm, CFuller_Badelj2038.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I've encountered a situation during a holiday save, where Milan Badelj is stuck in career limbo after he is refused a British work permit. If you load the save CFuller_Badelj2024.fm and go back on holiday, and this is what happens:

On 17 July 2024, Badelj receives eight contract offers, including one from Millwall in England.

Between 24 and 25 July, Badelj will accept Millwall's contract offer, and Millwall will apply for a work permit.

On 30 July, the work permit application is rejected, with no reason given. Millwall appeal against the decision and apply for a work permit again.

On 5 August, the appeal is rejected, and Millwall cannot apply for another work permit - but the transfer is not cancelled. This means Badelj is stuck as a free agent, and having accepted a contract with Millwall, he cannot negotiate with other clubs. He is stuck in limbo indefinitely.

Later in my holiday save, in July 2033, a 44-year-old Badelj is still in the game as a free agent, still awaiting a work permit to complete his move to Millwall that was arranged nine years later. His attributes have naturally deteriorated, though he has become incredibly good at long shots and penalties. :D

Badelj is even stuck in this limbo in July 2038, at the age of 49, when he is offered coaching roles by Hellas Verona and later Empoli. However, neither of these offers amount to anything, and so he's still waiting for a British work permit that will never come.

I've uploaded save files from before Milan Badelj receives the offer from Millwall in 2034, and from when he is stuck in limbo in 2033 and 2038. Please let me know if I've uploaded them in the right place.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I got the same issue for a few players now.
    At least for a player whom I would actually buy, I could cancel the transfer.
    But there are 2 players whom I would sign by expiring contracts and I have no option to cancel them.

I hope if you can fix it some time it will work with old saves as well.
    Let me know if you need me to upload my save file. I'm on the 24.1 version from the nov6 update, but the save was started with the beta version.

update: I managed to cancel those transfers through the transfer center, but there is no option to do it on the player's profile (or right clicking on their names)

Edited by mhajnal