• Players demanding crazy high wages to join

Tidaril
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Matt Burgess - Havant & W.fm

Description of issue

I'm playing as Havant & Waterlooville in the National League South and just won the league in my first season.  I'm now in the transfer window at the end of the season and I have seen several instances where young players being released by premier league teams are demanding in excess of £1.5k p/w to sign for me, which i can't affort so the contract talks break down.  Only for other teams in the same division or lower then come in and sign them on a contract for £500 to £800 p/w!

In addition it doesn't seem to be limited to just Prem League youngsters.  Jay Foulston from Taunton in the National League South was out of contract at the end of the season, so i approached to sign him and he was demanding £900+ p/w which again i couldn't afford so talks broke down.  He then accepted a contract from Ballymena from the regional divisions for £350 p/w.

It seems as though i have to pay 2 to 3 times in wages what the AI teams do when signing players so i can't compete.

My wage budget is already maxed paying £18,384 with a budget of £15,958 and i only have half a team signed up for next season and now cannot sign anymore players.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments