• Pre contract bug - Game breaking

The About Average Jake
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Right back signed pre contract with me but Napoli were able to activate his release clause and sign him anyway on the cheap.

How are teams even allowed to bid on a player that has already signed a pre contract?  

This is just ridiculous and just another bug to throw on the ever growing pile of issues that are present in FM24.  

Football Manager Screenshot 2024.01.19 - 20.46.34.79.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2024.01.19 - 21.25.00.24.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2024.01.19 - 21.52.10.44.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, this is not a bug as the original contract which includes the release clause will be valid until the new contract comes into effect on 25/6/2037.

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is not a bug as the original contract which includes the release clause will be valid until the new contract comes into effect on 25/6/2037.

So why couldn't I withdraw/change or bring the confirmation date forward? The game needs to explain this in better detail. 

The player already signed the contract. If this was real life the legal fallout would be massive. Likewise, the deal with me was been signed so both players should've been returned to my club on 25/6 when the new deal comes into effect. Resulting in a very short and expensive loan for the A.I club.

At the bare minimum, I should've been compensated extra.

Also, if a youth player signs a pre contract, other clubs cannot attempt to sign him. The game won't let you. You'd have to put in a formal transfer bid, despite the fact they're on unprotected youth contracts and the full time contract won't come into effect until they're 17/18. Same could be said for players in the last 6 months of their deal. You can't just hijack the move once a pre contract is signed.

It's a bit unfair on the person playing the game for this to happen. Sometimes the video game side of things should take priority. 

Edited by The About Average Jake

Again, just to prove a point. I've sorted another pre contact with a player and it clearly states he has pledged his future and SIGNED! a new deal. So even if the release clause is activated my club as the contract holder should be able to choose whether or not to accept. If this is going to be in future games then additional compensation needs to be awarded by a tribunal. 

FootballManagerScreenshot2024_01.25-22_23_55_04.thumb.png.ba6195bf805265cb05b4fe4e183d07dd.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2024.01.25 - 22.24.04.57.png

Edited by The About Average Jake

On 22/01/2024 at 07:33, Zachary Whyte said:

This is just wrong.  When the player signs a pre-contract it is binding on him.  FIFA has ruled on this multiple times.  The fact that a release exists in the current contract is an obligation on the players current team, but if the player is not free to negotiate (because of the pre-contract) then it’s irrelevant.  The same is true if the player had signed a future contract with his current team; he is not free to negotiate with another team and the existence of release clause is irrelevant.