• Preference for domestic release clause is unrealistic

Daniel Bramkamp
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Open Save Game: Daniel Bramkamp - Erbil

Description of issue

Hi,
    in the game many players insist on a "domestic release clause" while not insisting on a foreign release clause. I couldn't think of any scenario where a player would insist on being able to move domestically but not internationally. As an example, an Argentine (Lautaro Coria) I'm trying to sign for Erbil side insists he be able to join another Iraqi side for that fee but doesn't care about an international move?? 
    In general, I think a player would typically insist on 'any' release clause to be able to make more money but shouldn't care whether the bidding club is national or international. The domestic release clause would then be insisted on by clubs to prevent the player from strenghtening domestic rivals. So that the domestic relesase clause should only come on top of a regular release clause and with a higher value than that foreign release clause. It should never stand alone and should more often than not be suggested by the club, not the player.

(A fantastic feat would be a "player nationality release clause" if a player wants to return home, e.g. my Argentinean guy, when he wants to return home, could be able to join an Argentinean side cheaper than, say, an Iranian one. I think that tends to happen "in practice", not sure if that's what's legally in the contracts though.)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.