• Release clause bug

phantombandit
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: release clause bug.fm

Description of issue

I recently made an offer for a wonderkid in Argentina for $7,000,000 using the 'suggest terms' button, which was instantly rejected I countered with a $10,000,000 million offer using the 'make offer' button. A few days later they came back and accepted the offer on the condition that it met or exceeded his release clause. Not wanting to overpay, I rejected the offer and checked the players contracting page to see what his release clause was. Because it was hidden due to scouting, I decided to use the editor to check, and I noticed it was $8,500,000. I went back to make an offer for the player and I was advised that due to a recent offer being withdrawn they are unwilling to negotiate, but they might be willing to reconsider if the previous offer was resubmitted. After waiting for that to disappear, I went back to negotiate and it turns out I had accidently deleted the release clause using the editor.

I recreated the issue on another player (Bayron Ariza ID r-2002313100), whos release clause was known ($1,300,000) by making an offer of $3,000,000 and rejecting it once accepted.

image.thumb.png.34bbd75e980895458ecd811608215cc3.png

The issue here is that if a player has a release clause, the club would not be able to refuse to negotiate or require a previous offer be met inorder to reopen talks. In this case, the required offer should be locked at their release clause amount, rather than the previous offer.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello, thanks for raising this, we will review further.

If you go forward around one week, you will then be able to offer the $1,300,000.

On 16/07/2024 at 08:46, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, thanks for raising this, we will review further.

If you go forward around one week, you will then be able to offer the $1,300,000.

Yes indeed. I just wanted to raise the issue as there are times where having to wait a week could cause problems. Such as a club they really want to join making an offer, or even just other clubs making offers that increases the players wage demands.