• Teams with over £100,000,000 in the transfer budget not spending

cbafscu
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot:

Description of issue

Many teams in many of my saves have had issues with teams being unable to sign any players due to their wage budget being locked at a set value, unlike a player manager the ai seem not to be able to adjust the wage budget. This should be fine, however many teams such as arsenal, newcastle and man city have players at the clubs that are well below the rest of the standard of the squad in the media dream XI. this makes the game especially in leagues where wages are inflated easy after season 2. The other issue is that many of the players request new contracts, which happens way to often in my opinion, however due to being more often than not over the wage budget they are unable to offer new deals, this often includes being able to even offer the same contract with an extension. With both of the issues of being unable to spend their money, being unable to offer new contracts, players getting contracts that are way over their CA or PA and the fact that usually due to the contract talks "breaking down" the players morale of AI teams for top players means you either can get them well below value or they are transfer listed.

With the screenshots I have sent it shows that it mainly affects the spanish leagues, which is worrying because the wage cap rules, this would either limit there budget or they won't be able to register a full squad. For example, Villareal (Wage Cap of £2,200,000) is spending £1,750,000 on 5 players, this means that they have £450,000 a week to build the rest of the squad with, which has led to them being over the wage cap. Not only does this mean that the squads overall are weaker, but most of the players you probably would consider signing are on Saudi Arabia levels of wages for their CA, for example Danjuma is on £325,000 a week, This also means AI probably won't be able to buy that player so the other AI club is stuck with this player, out of the 5 players I mentioned earlier only one of them is transfer listed. Some more fun examples are Marcus Thuram being on £425,000 at Real Madrid, Scamaca being on £375,000 at Real Madrid and Nico Williams and Unai Simon earning £350,000 each at Athletic Club (Bilbao). 

Screenshots

User Feedback

Recommended Comments