• Cannot upgrade Youth Facilities for many seasons now

Zubsiro
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot:

Description of issue

My youth facilities have been stuck at “Excellent” for almost 5 seasons now and was state of the art before that. It has decreased and for many seasons I haven’t even had the option to request the board improve it.

IMG_7961.png

IMG_7962.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This Bug is up for how many version FM? happening to me is since FM 22, but i believe same happen before. For me with Wrexham happen 2 FM in a row, when my academy reach excellent that is around 16/17 i cant upgrade anymore. 

• Administrators

Hi @Jass

It's not really a bug, if you don't have the option to upgrade youth facilities it's simply because your clubs board has no desire to do so at that moment, this can change over time.

But this is something we can look to make more clear in a future FM game.

@mbramah after looking into this it turns out there wasn’t a bug here. As Zachary explained above it was to do with the board.

If you can provide other examples if you feel there is a bug, we can take a look.

On 09/06/2024 at 22:31, Dan Sheppard said:

@mbramah after looking into this it turns out there wasn’t a bug here. As Zachary explained above it was to do with the board.

If you can provide other examples if you feel there is a bug, we can take a look.

yeah in my Mons calpe save which have the youth facilities stuck even though i won the champs league have plenty of money and affialte clubs. I cant upload as the file size is to large. Its been featured on zealands video. Im gonna make a new post if this isnt replied to. 

Its the 1st one if you would like to see. If you want the file i can email or anything else

if it is due to this board stuff. Why cant i at least talk to them about it. This is my main issue with this, why cant i speak to them and say i want them upgrading. If it is also please can you change it to max level and have it stick to that for the duration of my save this has ruined the save for me. Should be uploaded now

Hi please can i get an update on this situation. Also if its not too much to ask please can we get a better line of communication I understand you guys are busy but this has seriously ruined this save for me.  I can show my steam with the number of hours ive had. In the last 2 weeks ive abandoned fm due to this. I feel like i cant improve any more. It would be great if we can hop into a call for 5 minutes and just give me a rundown or something. Also if i can get you guys to update the save files to give myself max youth facilities. 

22 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @DomLOL

You can upload the save to our cloud which has no limit and we can take a closer look.

However, as stated above it's likely due to board interest regardless if you have the money.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

On 09/06/2024 at 22:31, Dan Sheppard said:

• Administrators

Hello @DomLOL

Unfortunately I can't max out your Youth Facilities as the IGE is disabled in your Save Game.

Looking at your save I see your Youth Facilities are listed as 'Good' and the Board recently finished upgrading them. So they don't seem completely against it.

They are many factors that go into a board interest, club vision objectives, (in your case none of your club vision objectives are to do with developing youth) what league are you playing in, what is your club reputation. etc.

Plus if your Youth Facilities have been improved recently (say around 12 months) then it's unlikely they'll agree that soon again - they're not just going keep blindly upgrading, that's not how it works in game or IRL.

I see your trying to do a Build a nation save in Gibraltar, this is a small nation where football isn't a priority and they have a very low rep for producing talent which means your board are more likely to be far less interested in upgrading the facilities. But if you keep doing well in the Champions League and growing your club/league reputation this can improve over time.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 165738.png

they upgraded them because they deteriorated. My club has refused to upgrade them previously when i hadnt upgraded them previously. I will endure another 3 seasons. And when it happens again i will send it to you to see. (so the option was available at the bottom of the email where you get them. The issue again is that they wont improve beyond a certain point. Ill just keep playing i guess. Its annoying asf when ive commited so long to the save and i cant even ask them to improve them. past a certain point

On 19/07/2024 at 18:42, DomLOL said:

they upgraded them because they deteriorated. My club has refused to upgrade them previously when i hadnt upgraded them previously. I will endure another 3 seasons. And when it happens again i will send it to you to see. (so the option was available at the bottom of the email where you get them. The issue again is that they wont improve beyond a certain point. Ill just keep playing i guess. Its annoying asf when ive commited so long to the save and i cant even ask them to improve them. past a certain point

The board refuses to upgrade if your club reputation is below certain levels. I had the same issue playing as Victor San Marino in Italy. We promoted to Serie A and we a mid-table team for a few seasons, the level was 16 out of 20! however when we won the league, CL and became one of top teams in Italy, they accepted to upgrade it.

1) For a long time I didn't even have the option to request an upgrade. 

2) When the option was available they refused to upgrade. However if after trying to convince and insist and they still refuse, you get an option to leak to the press. If you do that, they will agree.

save the game before you try to convince the board to reload the game if you don't get the leak to press option.

Note: many time you don't get the press to talk to you though. so repeat when you can request again when a few months pass.

When you get to talk to the press, opt the second to the last option. If it gets there, the next day the board will start upgrading.

On 21/07/2024 at 01:45, fm_08/09 said:

The board refuses to upgrade if your club reputation is below certain levels. I had the same issue playing as Victor San Marino in Italy. We promoted to Serie A and we a mid-table team for a few seasons, the level was 16 out of 20! however when we won the league, CL and became one of top teams in Italy, they accepted to upgrade it.

1) For a long time I didn't even have the option to request an upgrade. 

2) When the option was available they refused to upgrade. However if after trying to convince and insist and they still refuse, you get an option to leak to the press. If you do that, they will agree.

save the game before you try to convince the board to reload the game if you don't get the leak to press option.

Note: many time you don't get the press to talk to you though. so repeat when you can request again when a few months pass.

When you get to talk to the press, opt the second to the last option. If it gets there, the next day the board will start upgrading.

Issue with this is im 4 1/2 stars reputation and just won the champions league XD. I cant even ask the board to upgrade it and if i could i would leak to press issue is that i cant ask the board

I agree that you should at least have the option to ask the board at any stage - fair enough if they refuse.

fyi, I’ve never noticed the ability to “leak to press” on this version (Touch) of FM.