• Odd defending behaviour from corner leading to goal

autohoratio
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

In this corner situation that led to a goal, there's a couple of weird behaviours by the defending team. The game attributed it as a Mistake Leading To Goal, a missed header by #21 Petkov.The defending by #15 Lach (the defender ostensibly marking the striker who scored the header) seems a bit lacking here, as I think he could jump to challenge for the header, but obviously this might just be a normal mistake that happens in real life. Anyway, from my perspective, Petkov and Lach share an equal share of the blame as neither mistake is worse than the other.

However, the most glaring issue I see here is the defender (#24 Lannert) at the near post, where the goal is conceded. Instead of paying attention to what's happening in front of him and trying to head the ball away (or otherwise clear it), he does a 180 degree spin so that he's facing directly away from the pitch as the ball goes into the net, when really his positioning should have meant he should have been able to head the ball away as it went into the goal pretty much immediately to the left of where his head was before he started to turn away. If anyone was to blame for conceding this goal, I would attribute the mistake to Lannert. Although having said that, the odd behaviour by Lannert could also be down to an animation issue rather than an ME issue - would you be able to confirm which is the case here?

Attached "Verl 4-1 Gütersloh.pkm", the goal in question is at 92:30. Also uploaded "match_recording Verl 4-1 Gütersloh.rec" to the SI Cloudservice if you need that to investigate the issue.

Verl 4-1 Gütersloh.pkm

• Steps To Reproduce:
      View the goal at 90+3'

User Feedback

Recommended Comments