• Pressing doesn't work

umole2k
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

Pressing doesn't work properly. On the opposition instruction i tell my inside forwards to close down or press opposition full backs but they dont press them but rather they stand off 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'd need PKM examples of this happening consistently in order to consider it a bug. 

From our end, we believe largely it works as it's supposed to. :)

Man, with all due respect, how can you say that you believe that it works as it should when one of the biggest problems on this FM is our team not pressing the opponent’s defense ??!?! That’s one of the reasons that the possession based tatics dont work this year.

The opposition intructions dont work, you put maximum pressure of your team and it doesnt work… it’s very frustrating… 

I’m saying this because I’ve always loved to play FM, and FM22 has this type of problems that completly ruin the game.

Please fix this. 

Thanks.

Without any example and just saying that is not working; things will not be getting further, Bernardo.

Personally, I have all things max out in pressing and works ok - it's different from previous pressing system.

18 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Without any example and just saying that is not working; things will not be getting further, Bernardo.

Personally, I have all things max out in pressing and works ok - it's different from previous pressing system.

So just a quick question, are you able to dominate the minor teams when it comes to possession? 

38 minutes ago, Ramz289 said:

So just a quick question, are you able to dominate the minor teams when it comes to possession? 

Watch a full game (full match in highlights) and see. Pressing is more logical from previous ME (19, 20, 21).

Possession & Pressing is something different. Wining the ball back is something different.

Possession issue isn't related with pressing at all. This is completely different thing.

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Watch a full game (full match in highlights) and see. Pressing is more logical from previous ME (19, 20, 21).

Possession & Pressing is something different. Wining the ball back is something different.

Possession issue isn't related with pressing at all. This is completely different thing.

Yeah but if 2 centre backs are passing the ball to each other 800 times and your front line isn’t pressing them, any manager would bullock the front line, even if they don’t play pressing football. Nobody ball watches 2 centre backs. 

1 hour ago, Ramz289 said:

Yeah but if 2 centre backs are passing the ball to each other 800 times and your front line isn’t pressing them, any manager would bullock the front line, even if they don’t play pressing football. Nobody ball watches 2 centre backs. 

This is something related with possession in AI with lower mentality and something off in terms of calculation. SI marked as known issue and will receive a fix. Pressing is working ok (need some further tweak IMHO). Pressing alteration is something new this year and it's working better - more realistic.

5 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

This is something related with possession in AI with lower mentality and something off in terms of calculation. SI marked as known issue and will receive a fix. Pressing is working ok (need some further tweak IMHO). Pressing alteration is something new this year and it's working better - more realistic.

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with mentality and it's not just the AI. I'm in a relegation battle in my save and dominate all of the big teams when it comes to possession. I play on a positive or balanced mentality. I just lost 6-0 to Benfica whilst keeping 66% of possession. 

On 24/11/2021 at 18:31, fc.cadoni said:

Pls show us how u press effectively?

On 24/11/2021 at 11:53, Kyle Brown said:

We'd need PKM examples of this happening consistently in order to consider it a bug. 

From our end, we believe largely it works as it's supposed to. :)

Would u be kind enough to give us tips cos am frustrated already

4 hours ago, umole2k said:

Pls show us how u press effectively?

I am the red team, pressing the opp. defense. Using a simple 433 with More Often (not extremely because AI will find a passing option easily).

Wining the ball back is something different in tactics (both TI & PI).

Because you max out pressing, does not mean your team will win the ball back easily or within 6 seconds. You need to find out how to do that.

From the screenshot, his defender does not have a safe pass option which decide to lunch a long ball; misplaced pass, possession for me. After that it's my job how to safely transit the ball from back to midfield and then final third.

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.cfdadaead62c55f1d1fb01eefb421067.png

Here a good guide, where the fundamentals of simulation football in Football Manager has been started to take a shape. Basics remain basics and each FM version you have to find how ME is act.

Anyone playing FM for many years know that every year there are some very bad bugs in the game or in the ME.

And anyone here, that is not playing on the SI side, knows that same of those bugs are never solved even after all patches.

Just one example (because i lost too much time in this):

In FM11 a 20 free kick player can NEVER score a free kick, except if the ball hits the oponent barrier or the free kick is too wide and the ball goes deflected around the oponent barrier and entering the first post.

You see 2 or 3 free kicks go inside in a season!

So, let´s be honest, except SI staff that cant be: After a month we are playing the beta version, and already paid for the game. SI will tell you, as always, that they are working on it. History tells a different story.

PS: Playing since CM97/98 whit a break form FM13 to FM21 (very nice game, but some transfer bugs)