• AI manager given touchline ban - but is present in technical area for next match

CFuller
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I'm not sure where to put this, but I don't think AI manager touchline bans are being recorded properly in-game.

My Arsenal team is about to play in the EFL Cup Final against Man UFC. Earlier in the week, there was a news article saying that Man UFC's manager Maurizio Sarri had been given a touchline ban for comments he made after their last match immediately before the Final.

sarri1.png.95d61070536f4f1f57b61b7e96c9d426.png

(For the avoidance of doubt, Man UFC did not play any other matches between the Bournemouth defeat and the EFL Cup Final.)

However, when I go into the final, I quickly notice that the manager standing in Man UFC's technical area is... yep, Maurizio Sarri.

sarri2.png.4a1f41573a7409a1a5ae37871cf8a2e5.png

Surely if a manager (AI or human) is serving a touchline ban, they should not be present in the match engine - and their place should be taken by their assistant? (In Sarri's case, this would be Giovanni Martusciello.)

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Load the save file provided. Go to Man UFC > News, and open up the article "Sarri to serve touchline ban". Note that he has to serve a touchline ban in the EFL Cup match against Arsenal.

Now play the EFL Cup Final. Click on the Man UFC manager to confirm that he is Sarri.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments