• Custom 3d kits doesn't work in match (but it works in the changing rooms)

rizzauliarahman
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

Hello, I experienced a bug (or an error) where my custom 3d kits are not working in the match, even though it works in the changing rooms (and 2d kits are working too). Below I attached all my config and screenshot of the bug, including showing that i already ticked licensed kits, untick caching, etc. Can you please help me to shed some light on this issue? Thank you very much

My 3d kits folder and its config

kitbug_1.PNG.d910030e79407942dee90b665f213056.PNG

The 2d kits on the club profile page

kitbug_3.PNG.98e6d64d2c7381dade9a84afa658fa19.PNG

My caching settings

kitbug_5.PNG.c32f4bab7d14f4f4efc3f5424d70521f.PNG

The 3d kits on the main menu and dressing room

kitbug_6.PNG.f119e4a054d68e5412dd40c179cf56d3.PNG

kitbug_7.png.45adeb3b717ab0db68509dcf0f39fc47.png

The kits on the match

kitbug_8.png.9f7819d517f6d2a1d46c376b47d91392.png

P.S.: I'm using a custom created editor data (and team) and I can send it if you want to check if there's something wrong with it instead

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: The problem still persists even after deleting the custom kits. I'm desperate because I really have not even the slightest idea what's wrong, because I've already set everything in the editor (the kits, shirt, short, socks, text, and even 2d ball). Please help

kitbug_9.thumb.PNG.67bd8070157e188a7cbf7c2c148b7fc3.PNG

8 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could you please attach or upload your custom editor data and team, please, so we can investigate further. :)

image.png.0bb5c50ec10f2ae2a1427e735787ff37.png

Those are my editor data file and my save file. No 1 is the editor data, No 2 is the save file. I just made a brand new editor data (imported from FM19 export to xml feature, did some adjustments) and then created a fresh new save game using that editor data. And the kit problem appears.

Thank you

P.S. I'm sorry if this is not the correct way to attach file(s), it's my first time uploading large file here

Edited by rizzauliarahman
    Forget to quote

22 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Thank you so much, I'll pass them over to QA to investigate. :) 

btw do you need the .xml file (exported file from FM19 editor data) that I imported to FM22 editor to create that editor data?

On 16/12/2021 at 18:01, Kyle Brown said:

Thank you so much, I'll pass them over to QA to investigate. :) 

UPDATE: I don't even use the custom 3d kits anymore, only my custom editor data (imported from FM19), and the problem still persist with some custom teams. Please help shed some light in this issue

Edited by rizzauliarahman

• Administrators

Apologies you haven't had a response until now, as was communicated, a large number of our staff were off for the festive period so a lot of issues were put on hold until a return. 

The Match Art team have investigated but can't get it to reproduce on their end. They believe it's bigger than just a custom kit issue as the match engine is displaying default character models with default colours.

They've asked if you can try removing all files in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022, clearing cache and re-installing. If it subsequently works, add back each of the custom files separately to see which file/group of files it is that's causing the issues. If we can pinpoint it we're more likely able to resolve it. 

Again, sorry it's taken a few weeks to get back to you, but we're on it now. 

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Apologies you haven't had a response until now, as was communicated, a large number of our staff were off for the festive period so a lot of issues were put on hold until a return. 

The Match Art team have investigated but can't get it to reproduce on their end. They believe it's bigger than just a custom kit issue as the match engine is displaying default character models with default colours.

They've asked if you can try removing all files in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022, clearing cache and re-installing. If it subsequently works, add back each of the custom files separately to see which file/group of files it is that's causing the issues. If we can pinpoint it we're more likely able to resolve it. 

This doesn't work. I've cleared the folder, cleared both games and steam's cache, and re-installed the game. I add nothing to the folder afterwards too. I'm using below editor data to start a new game, but the problem still exists. Here's the editor data:
    Japan Idol 22.1.0 v0.0.1 beta1.fmf

But when I'm using the one editor data that was made by only importing the .xml file from FM19 editor without adding any more changes, the kit is working fine, BUT the custom clubs color (team color and kits) are entirely messed up. That's why I can't use this editor data to start my game, because I need to fix the club colors and some other attributes. Here's the file:Japan Idol 22.1.0 v0.0.1 beta v2.fmf

So, I think it doesn't have anything to do with my game, as re-installing and starting with purely nothing in the folder doesn't work. Thank you

On 12/01/2022 at 18:03, Kyle Brown said:

Are you still unable to find the culprit?

• Administrators

We've managed to narrow it down, it seems as if the reason for the kit issue is that the players have been changed to female when using the Japan Idol skin - does that sound correct to you? We don't properly support female character models yet so the kits can't be applied to them. If yourself or the skins creator is able to change them back to Male it should resolve the issue, but as it's a custom skin it's not something we're best placed to resolve on our end. 

We've launched an investigation anyway to see if there's a better solution to this sort of thing. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've managed to narrow it down, it seems as if the reason for the kit issue is that the players have been changed to female when using the Japan Idol skin - does that sound correct to you? We don't properly support female character models yet so the kits can't be applied to them. If yourself or the skins creator is able to change them back to Male it should resolve the issue, but as it's a custom skin it's not something we're best placed to resolve on our end. 

We've launched an investigation anyway to see if there's a better solution to this sort of thing. 

Yeah I've already found it myself around a week ago. So, and everything's fine if I exclude that edit when I'm modifying the editor data. So, a suggestion, maybe, disable the option when selecting multiple players (that include player/non-player). AFAIK, there are some people out there too who make women football DB, so there is a possibility when they see they could change all of them to female, they will try it. Also, thank you for trying to help solve this problem, I hope my suggestion is going to be a useful consideration to be fixed on the application

• Administrators

Appreciate that - the thread is linked within the investigation so we'll be able to view your comments and suggestions. 

Apologies it took this length of time to get to this stage, it wasn't something we'd ever seen before!