• Match Engine in Combination with Immersion and Atmoshere

SpiderJu
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Sound atmosphere: Why is there no way to play a goal sound in the game or basically chants to get more immersion in the game?
    After all, a soccer game also has a game atmosphere, doesn't it? I hope that SI will hopefully finally accept this and create opportunities in this regard. If this is not wanted, please let me know why SI does not want to extend this feature.

stadiums: In addition, it should be mentioned why SI does not change the stadions Edits? these are part of the immersion atmosphere. For a lot of people, when walking in the stadium, seeing the green from the pitch, there is an exciting feeling of anticipation. Why does SI not offer the modding scene at least editable options? (to avoid licensing reasons)

stadiums/adboards: why told SI to sortitoutsi forum, that they had to delete the Adboard Patch? edited Adboards makes more Immersion for real Football Match. The Eyes watched not just the Pitch. They Eyes watched the hole Place.
    Stadium, Pitch, Adboards and so on...

Greetings from Germany

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

For match sounds, we have various Feature Requests in our database already, stay tuned!

Stadiums unfortunately can't be any more lifelike than we currently have them due to licensing reasons I'm afraid. Likewise with ad-boards, I'm afraid it comes down to what we can and can't do per our licensing agreement.

On 13/12/2021 at 13:33, Kyle Brown said:

For match sounds, we have various Feature Requests in our database already, stay tuned!

Stadiums unfortunately can't be any more lifelike than we currently have them due to licensing reasons I'm afraid. Likewise with ad-boards, I'm afraid it comes down to what we can and can't do per our licensing agreement.

Can the stadiums not be any more lifelike in the licensed leagues? Do the stadiums have their "own lives" away from the league licenses?

Edited by Robbie Hood

Stadiums unfortunately can't be any more lifelike than we currently have them due to licensing reasons I'm afraid. 

I am just curious to how the licensing works.  For example for the english championship, which is licensened, all the pictures of players and logos are allowed, but not recreating the stadiums from that division in the match engine?
    As i asked above, are there special rules for the stadiums when it comes to licensing?

• Administrators

Apologies for the delayed response, I wanted to make sure I had my facts right before commenting so I had to wait until our license team returned from the Christmas period:

Our license, for example with the Championship, covers logos, kits, match balls and trophies. We don't request the stadium license as it would be far too big an undertaking to design and create every stadium for clubs we have the rights for. The time and resources it would take simply don't exist I'm afraid, even if it's something we'd want to do. It's much the same as FIFA, who even with their size don't have the majority of licensed stadiums in game. 

As a result, this affects the level of customisation we can offer on stadiums. It doesn't mean it will always be this way, but this is how things are at the moment.

I've tried to be as specific and transparent as I was allowed to be, I realise there's still some vagueness in there, but hopefully that somewhat answers your question. :)

No problem, i appreciate you just taking the time to answer questions like these. I don`t know how the forums for other computers games work (i only play FM), but i think it`s great to see how SI involve themselves on these forums - even if the answers you provide isn`t always what people want to hear :)

7 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Our license, for example with the Championship, covers logos, kits, match balls and trophies. We don't request the stadium license as it would be far too big an undertaking to design and create every stadium for clubs we have the rights for. The time and resources it would take simply don't exist I'm afraid, even if it's something we'd want to do.

If i understand it correctly a "solution" to this problem could be the much wanted stadium editor? If the highly skilled members of the FM-community could get their hands on a stadium editor i feel confident that they would soon have created lifelike stadiums for the licensed leagues/clubs without SI designers using their time on this. But could this perhaps be problematic when lifelike stadiums are created for the unlicensed leagues/clubs?

Stadiums unfortunately can't be any more lifelike than we currently have them due to licensing reasons I'm afraid.

So it`s not exclusively due to licensing reasons, but also not having enough time and resources to do the job? Another reason to make a stadium editor available :)

But as i wrote above i fully understand if this can potentially create legal problems and can therefore not be added to the game.

• Administrators

I won't say I fully know the legal implications of a stadium editor, but the design team are aware of the want with the community for an editor like that, and if it's something we can ever properly integrate then we'll definitely look to implement it!