• Stadium design/layout of stands - lack of realism

Grunners
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

Before I begin, I am not calling for accurate depictions of real lie stadia in FM with this post (although, obviously that would be brilliant).

However, some 'intelligence' from the game when it images stadia wouldn't go amiss:

I'm playing a multi-player save, both of us as custom non-league teams with a 10,000 capacity stadium. In the editor, the stadia are identical other than geo co-ords (separated by a mile or two), and name.

In game, one is shown as having two end stands, none on either side, and a huge floodlight to one side that means the goal area is blocked during match highlights.

The second has a stand down one side, not the other, and no end stands.

In a game that prides itself on (in Miles Jacobson's own words) "suspension of disbelief", this is a real jar each and every home match day. There is no way a football ground architect, having four empty sides and a brief to provide 10,000 seats, would build either of the above examples (and the floodlight issue is very poor, as it renders the main camera view unusable).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You should be able to make simple adjustments to the 3D depiction of the stadium. At the very least the same adjustments that you can make when you buy 3rd party software editors.

"In a game that prides itself on (in Miles Jacobson's own words) "suspension of disbelief", this is a real jar each and every home match day. "

It`s good to see that there are others that feel exactly like i do about the the stadium graphics in this great game. I have posted detailed suggestions for stadium improvements in the feature request forum and i hope that they soon are acknowledged by SI. I think you should post there as well, because i don`t believe your issue will be described as a bug. The more requests SI recieve about the stadium graphics, the better.

My main wish for FM23 is a overhaul/improvement to the stadium graphics, because the game can be as realistic as it likes when it comes to players, tactics, transfers etc....but that realism all goes out the window every time i see these identical stadiums, huge tunnels, wide open corners, objects in the corners like shipping containers, dumpster bins, portable toilets, beer tents, trapped ambulances etc.

I love the aspect of transfer dealings, long term planning, squad building etc, but the most important part of this game will always be playing the matches, so i really hope SI take this seriously and elevates the "stadium intelligence"/graphics to the next level in FM23.

• Administrators

We've got this under review now, but to further help our testing team if you could provide a PKM or a save file for both teams we can look and compare how bad they are. Would be much appreciated. :) 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-add-pkms-rec-files-and-crash-dumps-files-to-posts-r579/

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/