• Some long-term banned players do not have "suspended" icons

BeeInExile
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Six Indonesian players, Eka Dwi Susanto, Fandi Edi, Ivan Julyandhi, Ade Ivan Hafilan, Aray Suhendri, and Muhammad Diksi Hendika were banned from football for at least one year each for alleged match-fixing. When I tried to sign a couple of them, I was blocked by my board from doing so “due to their bans” (no specifics given), which is fair enough, although it would be helpful to have been told in the Inbox message what their bans were for and for how long they are going to be banned. More importantly, however, they do not have “suspended” icons on their player screens, so there is no way of knowing that they are banned in the first place without trying to sign them, nor how long their bans are for. Please could they have this added to their player screens?

Background news article below:

https://football-tribe.com/asia/2021/11/04/ex-perserang-players-implicated-in-match-fixing-plot-sentenced-as-liga-1-was-rocked-by-suspected-fix/

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Start a game and search for the above players. There will be no "Suspended" icon on their player screens.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Thank you for raising this! I'm afraid by the time we release future versions the bans will likely be served and it won't be relevant, but we'll ensure it's tested thoroughly for other examples going forward. 

I can only apologise that I can't give you a short term fix, it's not been spotted until now and it's too late in the cycle to action any changes like this. I'm sorry, but appreciate you nonetheless for bringing it to our attention. 

5 of the 6 bans are for more than one year starting November 2021, so I think they will still be relevant, assuming that those players don't quit football altogether. E.g. Ivan Julyandhi is banned for 2 years - he'd be banned til November 2023.

• Administrators

In that case I'll open the thread up to investigation and we'll make sure it's reviewed for future editions - thank you for clarifying. :)