• Asking player to negotiate wage demands incorrectly leads to negotiation of asking price instead.

danbucks
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

- Playing as Newcastle. Trying to sell Joelinton in summer 2022.

- Offer him to clubs. He's not happy so try to persuade him to leave.

- Tell him it's because of his wage demands and ask if he'll negotiate, just out of curiosity. 

- I get an option to set an asking price as opposed to wages. Tested again on Shelvey and Saint Maximin, the same thing happened.

- I haven't uploaded a save as I believe this isn't exclusive to my save, but a bug. Can add save if needed though.

20211109124729_1.jpg

20211109124733_1.jpg

20211109124735_1.jpg

• Steps To Reproduce:
      - Select a player and choose to "offer to clubs". This will only work if you can "persuade to leave". 

- Select "persuade to leave" and then select the option which says their salary demands (not current salary) are too high. 

- Player will moan and you can then ask "Can we possibly negotiate it a little bit more?"

- Assuming the player accepts, you will have an option to set an asking price, as opposed to a wage.

- Player will accept the asking price and no promise is made, according to the "promises" tab. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 11/11/2021 at 12:19, Abdullah Patel said:

Please can we get a save game with this issue occurring?

Sure. I've uploaded a save called Newcastle contracts issue.fm, but I have to stress that this isn't exclusive to this save. I have tried the same thing in two other totally different save files with multiple players and it works in those, too. 

59 minutes ago, Brendan Pitcher said:

Thanks for raising this @danbucks, we're now looking at this issue internally.

No problem. I've since found out that it actually is alittle bit worse than mentioned here. It seems like a lot of interactions incorrectly lead to asking price options. In fact, I think they all do lol. For example, if you follow the first step but instead choose to tell the player you're offering them out because you can't find room for them in your squad, or you need to raise funds or have different options in their position, you still get the "Can we possibly negotiate it a little more?" prompt, which leads to the asking price. I've added screenshots here, including the lack of any promises once the conversation is over, but should I raise this as separate issue also? 

Again, I just used a random player/save file, but it seems to work in any save. 

20211112154946_1.jpg

20211112154952_1.jpg

20211112154955_1.jpg

20211112154958_1.jpg

20211112155000_1.jpg

20211112155003_1.jpg

20211112155013_1.jpg

Edited by danbucks
    More info