• Cannot improve youth facilities despite it being specified as a key element of my club's vision / 5 yerar plan for years already

MAsterix85
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm Wrexham in 2046, got to the Prem in 4 seasons and am now winning everything regularly, have improved both my training and youth facilities to state ot the art, but technology advanced and my facilities were downgraded / not considered as good as they once were, but I've not been able to even ask the board to upgarde my youth facilities for 3 years or so now. My board has put it in my 5 year plan to re-establish it as the best youth system in the country (about 3 years ago they first did this), I have about £200m at the start of every season (it whittles down to about £40m by the end of the year due to my still quite small stadium / player wages to compete in the CL, etc.) but it seems I've got plenty of money. In fact, my training facilitites have just been downgrade in the same way as my youth facilities were, but I've already been able to request and get those back up to state of the art almost immediately. But I still can't do my youth facilities...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @MAsterix85 do you have a save game from a point where you can ask for these and/or before they become unhappy at you for not improving them? This would allow our QA team to investigate the matter further. A guide on how to upload your file is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

While not identical I've noticed a similar problem of no option to upgrade youth facilities under 'make board request'. I'm playing in Slovenia in 2051. 3 years ago I decided to build a new stadium. Since I made that decision the option to upgrade youth facilities has not been available. However, the option to upgrade training facilities still was and I was able to do that twice since beginning the Stadium project. My youth facilities are at "Excellent" so we still have 2 upgrades left. It has been 5 years now since I last upgraded Youth Facilities, and we have more than $50M in the bank so could easily afford the upgrades. I've uploaded my save "Slovenia Youth Facility Issue" as you directed. 

On 11/03/2022 at 23:43, Michael Sant said:

Hey @MAsterix85 do you have a save game from a point where you can ask for these and/or before they become unhappy at you for not improving them? This would allow our QA team to investigate the matter further. A guide on how to upload your file is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Annoyingly I now don't have a save game file with those parameters. I have moved on over two years now, and have managed to negotiate the removal of "attain the best youth facilities in the world" (or whatever the precise phrasing is) from my club vision. I still only have Superb youth facilties with no option to ask the board to improve, but the save I can upload today admittedly has me about £80m in debt - which is how I finish every season due to the wages I have to pay to continually challenge (and win, normally) for the CL / EPL with a smallish club - so I obviously can't ask for improvements with that finance anyway, but even when I have +£200m in the bank I can't ask. It's not so much that they used to become actively "unhappy" per se, it's that the item on the club vision of "attain the best youth facilties in the world" was red with "dissapoointed" next to it, if you know what I mean? Though like I said, that requirement is not longer there, but I still haven;t been able to ask for about 5 years now. This is the uploaded file, complete with my lifelong silly little Champo sobriquet of Sir Sidewinder Fandachamp :)

• Sir Sidewinder Fandachamp - Wrexham.fm

4 minutes ago, MAsterix85 said:

Annoyingly I now don't have a save game file with those parameters. I have moved on over two years now, and have managed to negotiate the removal of "attain the best youth facilities in the world" (or whatever the precise phrasing is) from my club vision. I still only have Superb youth facilties with no option to ask the board to improve, but the save I can upload today admittedly has me about £80m in debt - which is how I finish every season due to the wages I have to pay to continually challenge (and win, normally) for the CL / EPL with a smallish club - so I obviously can't ask for improvements with that finance anyway, but even when I have +£200m in the bank I can't ask. It's not so much that they used to become actively "unhappy" per se, it's that the item on the club vision of "attain the best youth facilties in the world" was red with "dissapoointed" next to it, if you know what I mean? Though like I said, that requirement is not longer there, but I still haven;t been able to ask for about 5 years now. This is the uploaded file, complete with my lifelong silly little Champo sobriquet of Sir Sidewinder Fandachamp :)

• Sir Sidewinder Fandachamp - Wrexham.fm

Hmm, that file hasn't seemed to attach to my previous message; can you find it from the file name and time uploaded?

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got the file, thank you. :)

Just uploaded one from a few months later where I've almost £500m in the bank and still no option to upgrade...

On 17/03/2022 at 14:56, Kyle Brown said:

We've got the file, thank you. :)

I know you'll have much more important things to do Kyle, but have you found anything out about my issue? No worries if not :)

I have a very similar issue in my German save. In Bundesliga, 2037, plenty cash, upgraded all my facilities, but last year they were downgraded, and on the make request tab, there is no option to request them to be upgraded, I check it every month or so and has not appeared. But it hasnt been an issue in the save until now.