• Questionable Managerial appointments

bastoshaq
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

Hello,

Basically raising something that I have raised in the past. 

In FM22 it already starts to show some indications of it.

I'm in Nov 2024 and we have already seen the swap betwen Klopp and Guardiola. In this save, Guardiola leaves Man City. Kloop gets offerend the City job (which he takes). Then Liverpool offers Guardiola the job.

I get that Guardiola was out of a job but Klopp moving away and then Guardiola leaving City to then go to Liverpool is a bit odd... Why did he leave? Not enough money to renew contract?

Another point is how easy managers leave high profile clubs to go coach their national teams. Tuchel left Chelse to coach Germany in December 2022. I could understand that he want to coach the national team but leaving in the middle of the year after a major competion is odd. These things would ususally wait until summer?

Now the biggest one that I saw so far - Bruno Lage, champion with Benfica, and former Wolves and Cardiff Manager, just accepted a job to coach Porto B! In the 2nd Division of Portugal. And with a salary of £190K a year.

Surely he would have waited for a better job offer - there are plenty of better jobs available. Also Bruno Lage probably has a far greater reputation than Porto B. Yet the logic around appoitment found that he could be of interest. It would still be hard to beleive if they were paying him a big sum.

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Thanks for raising these issues.

Klopp/Pep we feel is plausible, and Tuchel will have left at that point as the World Cup has just finished in Winter, so there will be comings and goings.

We'd like to investigate Lage though, if you have a save file before he gets appointed, please? Ideally, before the Porto B boss leaves. :) 

Hello - apologies I need to turn notifications on by email.

I do not have a version of the save where Lage is to be appointed and in that same save nowm he has been sacked. Do you still want my save? I will keep an eye out for any other moves.

• Administrators

Ahh afraid without that specific save it wouldn't be possible to reproduce, but do please keep an eye on it from your end and we'll do the same with our playtest team. :)