• Unhappy about not playing enough... despite playing 5 out of 6 games

Fettucine_Alfredo
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Nothing new, just the same bug, players complaining about not having enough game time, despite having plenty.

Came to the club 6 games ago, played 5. Unhappy.

adeyemi.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm having similar issues in my game, a number of players getting unhappy.

E.g. Mbappe, out of 20 games;

started 13, 3 sub appearances, 4 missed due to rest needed (I informed him he was being rested for 2 of them)

It happening too often and ruining my save tbh, totally unreasonable behaviour

Another player, De Ligt and he has started 15 games out of 20. 

Edited by DANNY1000000

Andreas started 16/20 games and that gets treated like a regular starter playing time while for other players get treated like a Important/star player for that. Literally he is always "concerned" about his playing time and for some players it seems impossible to go up from concerned.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Having a similar issue. Bellerin complained about not getting enough games, claims he should be a regular starter but when I  go to hi Happiness screen, I can see that his actual playing time is Regular Starter. I've uploaded a save called "Arsenal - Unhappy Player" which starts  11 days before the player becomes unhappy (in that time he started the game on the 21/01/2023 and I had a bid for him which I rejected).

Same issue since beta. Half the squad concerned. And many unhappy even though they are playing most of the games. 

This year the players seems especially easily unhappy even when they are playing 70% to 80% l. And when u try to speak to them most of the time they end up more unhappy. 

• SI Staff

We are looking into these further, some of these like the bellerin example wouldn't be considered a bug as he didn't start 3 of the last 4 games, similarly with adeyemi being subbed in 3 of the last 4 games and not starting in the 4th has caused the unhappiness. The others are still under investigation. We appreciate you raising them :) 

It's way worse in this year's game, I only leave Kane out when he is unfit and just told him i'd rest him for a game and then he complained after that game about not starting enough matches. It's clearly set too high this year making it a consistent battle with the squad promising they will get more playing time.

I think it's got worse since the last patch.

I'm currently having identical issues. What's the point of warning of match load and risk of injury if everyone 2/3rds of my squad are complaining of lack of game time and refusing to be reasoned with? Once they hit very heavy I rotate and my whole squad is in riot.

I have the same issue. Mid-season in every season I call "whining season". Without fail I get a parade of players complaining about playing time who cannot be appeased. Then a few days later the same players come back complaining they want to leave as they don't think they'll ever be good enough.

This was bad enough but I just had my star midfielder complain about playing time after being away at the African Cup of Nations. I promised him more game time as I had no option and he was my first team regular but then he gets injured and returns with 15 days left to keep the promise. Again, he complains as I have failed to live up to my promise. I appease him again by apologising and promising more game time. This time he gets a minor injury and then with 15 days left to fulfil the promise he is still unhappy so I play him in every game (we are playing twice per week) and the coached are telling me to rest him after each game. Eventually he is happy with 1 day to go but he is completely exhausted so I put him on the bench for the last game of the promise period. You guessed it, he then became unhappy and complained that I had again broken my promise and now 30 other players are siding with him against me.

This is just ridiculous and makes the game unenjoyable once whining season starts. I have had similar player issues in previous versions but never this many and never so many that are impossible to deal with.

• Administrators

Tyga, have you got some example saves you could upload?

Would be good to get some more in and see if changes we have in the works are working effectively.

I have uploaded the 3 saved games to the SI cloud now.

Jakas Manackas - Bayer.fm

Jakas Manackas - Bayer (v02).fm

Jakas Manackas - Bayer (v03).fm

I have this a lot too.  Worst current example is a player feeling alienated as he wasn't playing with a broken toe! 

image.thumb.png.26260014f38fa9e7194c4a549ebdb159.png

Form:

image.thumb.png.f699bf5e5b1b11045976434af5a8a90d.png

He had been rotated a bit but was happy before the injury so to be alienated is unreasonable 

Save game loaded as "Tot W"

I also have this player demanding transfer due to not breaking into first team.  However he is a regular starter and has played 16 out of 20 games:

image.thumb.png.e458d4608816b325b92030e1c1a6125b.png

Last 20 games:

image.thumb.png.7b46565e78f4298dd30144cb77439976.png

Also he played 21 prem games last year and has played 20 out of 30 this year:

image.thumb.png.8f3afa68c930934745fa63710bc69cc4.png

including cups he's played 39 last year and 33 so far this season and is 6th highest for minutes this season:

image.thumb.png.3dfecc112cb63cd34c715572b59c5804.png

his contract was signed as only squad player and i increased to regular started when he requested a transfer but he is still wants to leave as can't brake into the team even though his happiness says he is happy with game time:

image.png.905dd6d6a9c4352f1f63b097bf5010a7.png

i have uploaded the save file "happiness Yakunin"

Is SI working on fixing this? Seems unreasonable to tell people it's their own fault when you've randomly changed this compared to previous years.

I have noticed - I'm not sure how this should work. In some cases I have top players missing 3 games in a row because it is either rotation games or keeping the players fit.

Maybe the games have to have different weights? For example resting a key player against Chelsea in the CL when you already qualified should not count as much as it would count - I'm assuming that all games have the same weight regardless of how well you are doing in the league.

For example, would a key player be upset if it would only play one game a week and that game would be CL when the league is already in the pocket? (Bayern M?)

This then becomes a vicious cycle where you: rorate player - player gets upset - play player game after game - player gets injuried and misses big CL matches.

Also, as far as I can see, there is no option to say to the player "relax that I want you fresh for the big matches. It is you that I would pick for a final". Or even a challenge to their argument that they have had enough game time. There is the there is a lot of game plan but that is admitting that the player is right and it was "forgotten". No you were not picked because I want you at full capacity!

The unhappiness with playing times is totally out of line. You rarely every see players complaining in real life, but in game a regular starter ST can not score for ten games get dropped then start complaining how hes not playing!

Yes because youre not performing!

Players apparently arent allowed to be subbed or rested Starting matches aren't enough :rolleyes:

Anyways here's my qualm

Player is happy with his playing time 8 days and 1 game later he's upset again :rolleyes:

shocking!

17 unhappy is the save on the 17th day before he was content

20th unhappy is the save inbetween

26th unhappy shows the player b**tching again

20220214112234_1.jpg

20220214112243_1.jpg

20220214112330_1.jpg

I just promised my captain and arguably best player lots of playing time, then played him in every single game, but because some of them were friendlies and there was a winter break, he's unhappy and is now leaving.

I've also had my squad collectively throw a fit and totally lose morale because apparently we lack depth on the right wing, despite the fact we play 4312 and have more than enough players for it, including 3 right wingbacks. 

Such infuriating, game-ruining bugs, these. I'll upload a save called 'Albert Hall - Legia' shortly if I can be arsed 

Edited by ceefax the cat

Is anything being done about this? I was asked to provide saved game files ages ago and have heard nothing since.

I am playing a completely different save now and the same nonsensical issues are occurring again. Players complaining about lack of game time despite me playing them constantly even when the coaches are begging me to give them a rest. They are playing with their heart level at pretty much zero, playing twice per week and they still are not happy. I guess if I run them into the ground and they get injured then I'd get a reprieve? Sadly, no. Even if they are injured they expect to be playing! Suspended? Same deal. Tell them they are going to be rested as they are dead on their feet? They'll thank you and then still be upset that they didn't play.

It can't be that hard to fix this, surely.