• All Staff and Significant Number of Players Suddenly Retire

kflash2116
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

I was playing a save in the Bundesliga with Hamburg, with whom I had just finished in 3rd place.  I just advanced on to a new season, moving in my save from June 19 to June 20.  After doing so, my inbox got flooded with emails; every single person on my staff, from the senior team down to the U19's, and also everyone on the board, retired.  Many of my youth players also retired, as did a few of my youngest (and most expensive) players.  It also seems like most of the staff for all Bundesliga teams also retired, with no other leagues being affected.  All of these losses and retirements caused me to lose my job, and makes the game virtually unplayable.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Game save starts on June 19, at the point it was most recently autosaved
      -Once game loads, hit "Continue"
      -Game advances to June 20; all staff and large number of players retire
      -Read all emails in inbox
      -Hit "Continue" again
      -Two players ask to discuss personal matters; choose to decline speaking to them or pick any options when speaking to them, as it does not matter what you choose
      -Hit "Continue" again
      -Coach is fired from the team; game is broken

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

23 minutes ago, ahallinan said:

Had the same thing happen to me with PSG - thought it was a cruel joke for my choice to play on easy mode...

Did you ever find a fix or did you start a new save?

Same thing happened to me with my Bournemouth save just as we were going to the premier league. Even my 15 year old wonderkid I signed just retired out of nowhere.

• Administrators

It's an issue we're aware of and are looking to address it as soon as we can. It's related to adding/removing leagues. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It's an issue we're aware of and are looking to address it as soon as we can. It's related to adding/removing leagues. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thank you for the heads up!  This does track, too, as in mid-May of my save I tried adding 3.Liga to avoid having to schedule friendlies for my second team...  Please let me know if there is anything I can do/any more feedback I can give!

• Administrators
    14 hours ago, kflash2116 said:

Thank you for the heads up!  This does track, too, as in mid-May of my save I tried adding 3.Liga to avoid having to schedule friendlies for my second team...  Please let me know if there is anything I can do/any more feedback I can give!

We've just released 22.4.1 which should now fix the issue - if you have a save game from before the date of the add/remove league change, if you run through the problem should no longer occur.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.