• Can Manage a National Team without Having Leagues from that Nation Loaded

Afro_Stud
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

I didn't think this was a bug, but after Neil Brock has confirmed that both Kyle Brown and Lucas Weatherby were correct about not being able to manage national teams unless you have leagues from that nation loaded it has to be.

Somehow, like all of the other versions of Football Manager (along with the Championship Manager games before SI split from Eidos), I am able to manage multiple national teams, without having leagues from said nation running, in Football Manager 2022.

This bug evidently dates back years as I have been managing international teams, without having leagues from those nations loaded, for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately when I first started playing Championship Manager back in 1994, I just managed Charlton (the team I support) and never bothered with international management. I later decided to be the England manager, but I don't think it was until about 2001 that I decided to manage a different nation. I picked Nigeria. I definitely didn't have the Nigerian leagues loaded as I had no custom content at all and the Nigerian leagues have never been in the game by default.

In a complete vanilla save in FM22, with absolutely no custom content whatsoever, I am somehow able to manage the national sides from nations such as American Samoa, Central African Republic, Grenada, Northern Mariana, Solomon Islands, etc.

In fact, it seems like I am able to manage every nation in the game (apart from Crimea). However, I haven't checked every single one to make sure as there should be 225 of them in total.

I always thought this was supposed to be the case, but now that Neil Brock has confirmed that it's only possible to manage national teams if you also have their leagues loaded, many of which are only possible with custom databases, I have clearly been experiencing a bug in every edition of the game I have ever played.

I was happy with things being this way, but since it's apparently a bug, when will it be fixed?

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Make sure you have no custom databases. Create a new game in FM. Add a new manager. Somehow you can take control of nations whose leagues aren't in the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments