• Chinese FFP

HHUK
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

I understand a new wage cap is applied to the Chinese leagues, the overall cap is pretty big and sits at around 600 Million Yuan which is much bigger than anyone expected, that's around 68 Million GBP. Foreign imports however get a much stricter cap. It looks like the high cap is geared towards future growth without imports.

I'm guessing this has been enforced by FFP as the rules seem really strict this year, every Chinese club is failing FFP and some of the wage allowances are just not viable, especially smaller clubs. Different clubs seem to have different wage caps too depending on their size when they should be uniform across all clubs. This seems to paralyze the AI from doing anything as everyone is over FFP limits. With the new dynamic youth ratings I was excited to try a China game this year and work them up to a super power but the finances seem a bit of a mess. I know the League is a mess in real life as certain clubs are collapsing but it seems unplayable at the moment, I've stitched together a few screenshots of different level teams to show the disparity.

I think the situation may need to be modelled differently to make China playable. Keep the wage cap high but cap foreign import players wages if possible, maybe increase the tax rates to make it much less attractive. It's likely all foreign import talent will leave once their contracts are up.

ChinaFinances.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Load up a game with China leagues activated, early pre-season 2022 season start date. Check FFP page.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's likely all foreign import talent will leave once their contracts are up. -YES the exodus started already this summer.

In Beijing and Cangzhou's case the projected wage expenditure is not unreasonble, but three town's seem strange indeed even given that they promoted.

I shall forward your thread to relevant ones worked on rules to see what came out with 8 pounds a week allowance