• FA Cup tie scheduled for during international break

GBouras1
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

I'm managing Arsenal in the Premier League.

The FA Cup 5th round was played across a couple of midweeks. I was scheduled to play in the second of these windows, on 21st March 2035, vs Spurs. We drew, and the replay occurred on the Saturday immediately following it, on 24th March (and my Premier League match that weekend was rescheduled), on the same weekend as the other ties in the following round were taking place.

I won the replay, and my quarter-final tie vs Brentford has been scheduled for the immediately following Wednesday, 28th March. A fairly large number of first team players left for international duty some time between the Spurs replay and the Brentford match.

I looked back at my schedule, and I don't think there was a reason we couldn't have played the original tie vs Spurs in that first midweek window (6th and 7th March) in between the League Cup final and a Premier League fixture.

In case this is relevant, we're in the Premier League and have 12 players on international duty. Our quarter-final opponents Brentford are in the Championship and have one player on international duty.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'll review schedules in advance of the next version, and hopefully issues like this won't crop up after we've done some extensive testing - thank you for your help and patience.