• Financial bug with rented stadium

Cheerio
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

This is a very subtle bug that I noticed in FM21, but due to how small it is, it most likely still persists in FM22.

TLDR: there is mechanic when a club can rent the stadium from another club for a percentage of gate receipts. It looks like the rentee side works properly (the actual money received is lower than expected income), but the renter does not seam to actually get the funds that the rentee is missing.

Long story: I'm in a save where my club is paying 50% of gate receipts to the owner club of the stadium. I did calculations and it looks about right, the gate receipts would have probably been twice more if not for the rent arrangement. Over the years my club gained some promotions and built up the number of fans by almost 10 times and overgrew the renting club by a lot. So I was kind of wondering how are they benefiting financially from this deal and added a manager to their club to see their financials. To my surprise there wasn't any benefit to be found. They were sliding into debt constantly. The 'Gate Receipts' line was merely what would you expect them to earn from their games and that's it. And there was no other substantial income line that could be hiding that kind of income. So it seems to me that the reduction part of the renting agreement was implemented to the finances of a rentee club, but then those funds kind of vanish and not go anywhere.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments