• Japanese Players (Still??) Fluent in South Slavic Languages

dom_bhoy
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

I'm noticing that all European based Japanese players e.g. Kyogo Furuhashi (Celtic), Takumi Minamino (Liverpool), Ritsu Doan (PSV), Ko Itakura (Man City/Schalke) etc. all apparently speak good Serbian, Bosnian and Slovenian. This seems too odd to be coincidental as none of these players have a history of playing in Serbia, Bosnia or Slovenia in the game. In the case of Furuhashi according to interviews and profiles done when he joined Celtic this is the first time he has moved overseas to play football.

I am running a Japanese data file from the Editors Hideaway however I do remember this issue from previous editions of the game where I did not have the Japanese editor file installed.

Is this a bug or a feature?? 

Screenshots of Furuhashi and Minamino attached as evidence.

This issue appeared to be raised in FM21 but it is unclear how it progressed: 

Furuhashi.JPG

Minamino.JPG

Furuhashi Editor.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Edit: This issue is repeatable when I load a clean save with no editor data files selected. All Japanese players available in the save have the same language fluencies as noted above (and in the previous bug tracker from FM21).

I have save files from both my current save and the test save available if required.

• Administrators

Appreciate the offer for the save files but we should be okay with the information we've already collected regarding the issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience regarding this one, we're working hard to get it resolved.

On 19/11/2021 at 15:34, Kyle Brown said:

Appreciate the offer for the save files but we should be okay with the information we've already collected regarding the issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience regarding this one, we're working hard to get it resolved.

Apologies if this is bad form, but do you think it will get solved, or is it harder than first anticipated?

From what I can gather, Serbian, Bosnian, and Slovenian have for some reason become default proficient languages for the Japanese nationality in-game. Much like Danes have proficiency in English, Swedish, Norwegian, etc. by default.

So, wherever the default languages are, that's where I assume you'll find the problem.

• Administrators

Not bad form at all don't worry - sorry I couldn't respond sooner!

I can't discuss any exact dates, but we have a solution in the works and we're doing what we can to implement it as soon as possible - can only thank you for your patience so far and ask for more of the same, just for a little while longer!