• Multiple Players Abruptly Retire Midseason

Weston
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Two of my players just abruptly retired with no prior warning in the middle of the season, and right after the window closed, too. I based my entire squad registration rules around having them available and now they're gone for no reason...

image.png.d7e4b5c6b40f619bd4bb5557524eb3c5.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Opened a prior save (FK Spartaks Jūrmala season xi (v02)) and I noticed that they both say "retiring 1/1/1900," but I got no inbox message that they were planning to retire, much less that the date would glitch.

Interesting, Valdivia also has a RET icon, but has the correct date (end of season). There is no inbox message about his decision either.

Both players affected by the bug are on amateur contracts with no end date, so my guess is that they're coded to hang up their boots the day their current deal is up, but there is no day to reference.

What's the best way to fix this with the editor?

Okay, looks like if I go back a few days and use the editor to put them on full time contracts with expiration dates they are set to retire on those dates. This also makes it so there is no inbox notification of the decision to retire, just as there was none for Valdivia on his already properly set date.

To add to this, Lucchetti announced his retirement shortly after signing a new contract, and is now set to retire a year before it expires. Is this working as it should? Obviously anything can happen, and this surely has in real life, but this sort of thing seems to happen too frequently and erratically in game to be intentional.

I'm not sure how it works regardless - would a player have to pay compensation to the club to cancel the remaining year on his contract?