• Print Screen issue / Exporting data issue

douglasdave
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Trying to export a list of players for me to analyse for scouting via print screen > web page > loading in excel.

But when the file loads there gaps for some players and their clubs and leagues. Everytime I repeat the export, those players appear but different ones disappear. Is there something I'm doing wrong or another way?

I understand this isn't a conventional gameplay issue,

Many thanks,

David

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 14.08.25.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We're aware there's some problems with the print screen functionality, however given the infrequency of its use these days is a lower priority issue. 

Just to confirm, what screen are you seeing this occurring? The above looks like it could be a player search/shortlist screen? Can you let us know please?

Thanks. 

Hi Neil

Does this issue extend to just being able to Print in general? When I press Ctrl+P from my Player Search screen I don't even get the pop-up asking about where I want to print to. Print Screen is also greyed out in the menu.

Many thanks

I have the same problem when trying to export the player search list into an html file. Only the first ~15 players names show up, the rest is blank.

Only the player names don't get exported correctly, the other data is fine, which is weird. I wanted to export this to help me identify transfer targets with some data visualization and calculations in excel, but without the player names it's pretty much useless.

I provided an example of the export in the attachment.

Playersearch_sample.html

Edited by breze77

I have noticed this happening and it does so if several things happen. There is a workaround and I notice that it doesn't happen when i follow a specific workflow. Its not a perfect solution, but it may help you.

When choosing to import you need to ensure you do not leave ANY previous import windows open. Leave excel open but choose the option, File> Open > search for your html file and choose that file, it should open in a new window. If there are missing entries, you must close that file again before you try and again. Do not leave that window open.

You can't copy more than 200 line entries. So you need to limit all searches to 200 or less.
    When copying if you do any one of these you wont capture every entry.

1. If the search page requires you to scroll down to view every entry and you elect to control p without selecting any player.      

When you do this you only capture the visible data on the first screen.

2. If you select the first entry, control A to select every player and then choose to control p.

When you do this you will generate data lines where there will be missing data. For example you could end up with a whole bunch of players with some empty entries in the name field.

These are the two main ways I know which produce missing entries in your import. To avoid this you need to:

Limit field to less than 200 entries
    Choose first data line and control A to select all data entries.
    Scroll to the last entry by mousewheeling, being careful not to deselect entries, otherwise you need to start again.
    Now scroll up to anywhere on the first page and hit control P to save the HTML File.

I have found that by doing it this way, you avoid missing entries. At least thats my workaround whenever i get missing entries.

Other known issues: 
    Data field changes from a numeric value to a date value. As far as I am aware this could be a localization issue for excel, as it does not happen to me, but its happened to a few scandinavians I know. Perhaps checking on your local excel forums can help as this is largely an excel related issue and has nothing to do with Sports Interactive.

I hope this helps.

• Administrators

Appreciate all that added info Rashidi, I'll make sure it's flagged to our investigation and we'll aim to make changes for upcoming versions. :) 

A bit late but I ran into the same issue in FM24 an found this forum. The solution to print all player names is pretty straigt forward.

The issue seems to be in the 'Player - Detailed' field. If you select a view that's showing the name with the nationality (like overview) the  names will not be exported. If you select a view that's only showing the name (like general info) all names will be exported.

I hope this will help people running into the same issue :)