• AI Manager changing Pref Formation but it's already available as his Second Pref ( 4-2-3-1 Wide )

andu1
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

Hi,

This AI manager changed his Pref Formation from 5-3-2 DM WB to 4-2-3-1 Wide. But it's already available for him as a second Pref Formation. Where is the logic in him changing to 4-2-3-1 Wide when he can already use this formation from the start?

Now both his pref and second pref are 4-2-3-1 wide which seems to be a duplicate.image.thumb.png.3c4add101102856aae051e4231e6bb47.png

image.png.3c5288590160512149fc790421548ac3.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Found another. It seems the AI is not registering the fact that it already has that formation in his preferred formation already and it duplicates it. Isn't it something like the human manager setting the same formations to be trained?image.png.4f4265358acd4cb556515ee15276b634.png

image.thumb.png.dbd0a06f2e3fa55381c45f26c3ebff0a.png

Got another. Could be the fact that the AI is not registering theirs 2nd formation and it duplicates to its first? could be much more but i don't have the time to check all ai managers.

Also it seems the AI like the 4-2-3-1 formation much more than 3 at the back systems :) Are they able to use the new Wide Center Back role properly?

image.thumb.png.3587a3aab8ab763465efb66c2964f839.png

image.png.85567b174dd54431ca8e80affe7018af.png

• Administrators

For the original example, Urs Fischer, could I get you to make a post about it within our data thread? 

I'm unsure whether this will be data for specific managers or gameplay for all managers, but it would be a better starting point than Match AI. :)

I'd move it myself but sadly the data threads are sorted differently so I'm unable to.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/850-database-and-research/

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

For the original example, Urs Fischer, could I get you to make a post about it within our data thread? 

I'm unsure whether this will be data for specific managers or gameplay for all managers, but it would be a better starting point than Match AI. :)

I'd move it myself but sadly the data threads are sorted differently so I'm unable to.

Hi Kyle, i don't think it's a data issue since in the database Urs for example has 5-3-2 DM as his pref and 4-2-3-1 wide as his second best. So no issues with the data.

What happened is that when that manager had a run of bad results he changed his pref formation ingame to 4-2-3-1 wide which he already had it setup by research as his second best.

the Game changes AI managers pref formations in some scenarios like manager underperforming or changing jobs.

Took a look at the database forum but i see that the discussions are mainly about attributes/ salaries that are set by a researcher in the database but in this instance the data is modified by the game not by a researcher.

On 26/10/2021 at 16:32, Kyle Brown said:

Hi Kyle, Can you log this as a bug as i clearly offered some proof that it's not a database issue!

• Administrators

Andu, apologies, didn't mean to leave you without a response for so long.

I'll get this moved across to the release forums so one of our match team members can take a further look at this. 

In the meantime, would you be able to provide a save game for us to investigate from?