• "long flat throw trait" no longer seems to produce flat throw ins

properdisco
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

I have been using Kevin Mbabu who has 18 long throws + the long flat throw-in trait. We are a tall physical team who have a good record with corners and I set up my throw-in to have our 6'2+ guys in the 6 yard box with my two biggest threats at either post while Mbabu of course takes a long one. Not only does long flat throw no longer seem to create much of anything anymore despite it being very hard to defend against IRL (may or may not have been a hopeless set piece against AI Arsenal where I decided this was worth reporting as a bug), they also no longer seem to be flat. I've had more throw-in highlights where Mbabu just hurls it over everybody in the box (even over the entire goal on a couple of occasions) than ones that produced a shot on goal, let alone a goal itself.

Most of the ME adjustments seem fair and an improvement, like how you have to be more careful with counter-pressing, and corners are better now that we don't have to just pack our best aerial threats at the near post. But the idea of this being what elite long throws are like seems a bit of a fun vacuum to me. Don't know if it counts as a bug or whether it's a deliberate adjustment but it's my main disappointment with FM22 beta thus far.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have no clue about the PKM stuff, there's only one file in that folder currently and I have no idea what it is - I'll attach it, but it might not be of any help. To test or recreate, you would only need to test out Mbabu or another player with the long flat throw trait + elite long throws rating and see if they look how the developers intended.

match_recording.rec

I agree that throw-ins are not very "flat" right now. The length is no problem, but from my experience, players with high long throw can reach this length without the preferred move.

I've attached a PKM.

This was tested in version 22.2.0+1629206 (m.e v22.3.0.0)

Throw In Debug 1.pkm

Edited by BullDozzer
    Add game version