• Set piece selection - only one "mark tall player"

Shrewnaldo
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Same issue as was in FM21 so copying the text from the thread I previously raised and have included a screenshot which I hope provides a bit more clarity.

In the set piece creator, you can assign only one player to 'mark tall player' when defending free-kicks, either direct with a small chance of a shot, indirect (wide) or indirect (deep). When trying to set a second player, you can only swap with the player already on that duty.

I can only imagine this is a bug and is not a deliberate setting that only one player can man-mark a tall player.

example.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Access Set Piece creator, select Free kicks > Defend > Direct with small chance of shot / indirect (wide) / indirect (deep)
      Assign one player a 'mark tall player' duty. Attempt to assign the same duty to a second player - you can only do so by swapping with the first player.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, Abdullah Patel said:

Please can we get a save where this occurs?

Hi Abdullah - no problem. I didn't upload a save as I don't think this is a save-specific issue. It applies in every save - both for FM21 and now the 22 beta. However, happy to upload one as an example. I have uploaded a save titled "Shrewnaldo - Mark tall player def FKs.fm".  I will also edit the opening post to make this clear to anyone coming into the thread.

EDIT - scratch that, can't see a way to edit the original report. Sorry!

Edited by Shrewnaldo

• SI Staff

Cheers, I've updated that for you, we'll look into this. We'll try and reproduce this with your save and we'll let you know if we need more information. :)