• Future purchase clauses in loans / foreign player transfer limit

Jpr
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

I think it's possible I have two bugs here, or maybe just an unintended interaction, details below.

I loaned in a player with an optional transfer agreement in place.

I tried to exercise this right to buy during the January transfer window, only to find that I had already hit the limit of foreign U21 players for the season, so the transfer was blocked.

I thought after the window shut, I could make the offer again and with the available option of 'next available' it would tick over to count towards next seasons quota.

However, the offer was rejected.  You can see in the screenshot, in green at the bottom there is an active clause. The selling club should not have been able to reject this offer?

So, the first bug here is that 'next available' transfer date, doesn't take into consideration transfer quotas. Next available in this scenario should have been next season when the quota ticks over.  If this isn't a bug, and is working as intended, I would really consider adjusting this to automatically take into account the transfer quotas. Maybe it's to do with the wording of the rule in real life however.

The second bug is that because the first bid wasn't completed, the selling club now seem to have the power to ignore the clause.

I will try to power through to season end, I seem to remember in previous versions there was an inbox prompt to activate a loan clause. Maybe it can be forced through with the inbox prompt. I will update here with any future outcome.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: the selling club accepted a bid for him in March. However the player now doesn't want to join us (RIP), so I can't check if it would cancel the deal or allow it to happen within the next transfer window and foreign quota period.

• Administrators

Thanks for those updates. :)

We'd still investigate based on what you said if you feel like it could be presented better to the user, just send us a save file and we'll look into it.