• Unrealistic Transfer Values | Transfer Listed Players

SJMurfin
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

Now I may be completely wrong here as I guess it is largely down to opinion but I feel like there may be a bug with players who have been transfer listed on the game.

Just for some background information, I have started a save on FM22 and chosen to be Arsenal.

When searching for players who have been transfer listed by their respective clubs at the start of a save, some players seem to have incredibly low transfer values / asking prices despite being 'big names' in the footballing world. I would understand if some of them had not long left to run on their contract (Isco being the only example here) but the other 3 examples shown below (Rodrigo Bentancur, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Aaron Ramsey) have much longer contracts left to run.

isco_transfer_value_issue.thumb.png.4a51369c7ea618d190a5548ed336030a.png

bentancur_transfer_value_issue.thumb.png.a262b794f1041d70df93b8a496741f2b.png

loftus-cheek_transfer_value_issue.thumb.png.e646b50061f7b3c75bfa437de4ad565a.png

ramsey_transfer_value_issue.thumb.png.175065dd9271ef4ae58ed5aa7e390564.png

As a comparison (and something that raised my suspiscions even more), I have uploaded a screenshot of one of my own players, Callum Chambers, who is transfer listed at the start of the game by default. He has only one year left on his contract but his transfer value / asking price is actually higher than the 'higher profile' players listed above.

chambers_transfer_value_issue.thumb.png.5dc8cd05b3c18a4d36c0ec3b97dfd1ee.png

Is this a bug or have I got this completely wrong? I'm not sure if anyone is of the same opinion as me but I haven't seen this issue raised anywhere else so far. I just wanted to get other people's thoughts on this...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There's an argument for transfer fees being reduced in attempt to get players off the wage bill, but I agree that transfer fees seem totally off in the beta so far. As Arsenal, I was able to sign Joao Cancelo for £19.5m simply because he was unhappy with game time. While he could probably force a move irl, I doubt City would take a £40m hit so easily... not to mention, why on earth would he end up at Arsenal? (This is only in 2022, by the way). 

As (promoted) Hull, I was able to sign Ethan Ampadu for £1m.

You're certainly not the only one! 

• SI Staff

Some of these are issues that we are aware of and investigating, we'll need a save for the cancelo example if possible. Some of these are due to the player wanting high wages. 

Thanks for raising nonetheless :)

Thanks for the reply @Abdullah Patel!

Essentially, their transfer value / asking price could be that low because the club are trying to get the player off the books or as another previous comment suggested, that particular club are in some sort of financial trouble?

If so, then that would make more sense. It isn't very clearly stated in the game that this is the case but it does seem logical.