• New B team will never promote to playable league

Gongom
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I'm sure you're all aware of this. It's a tale as old as FM, B teams just do not ever get promoted, even if they're stacked with brilliant wonderkids. It seems hard to imagine that a team capable of winning the youth league cannot get promoted from the bottom rung of portuguese football, but that's what happens.

This might happen in Spain and Germany as well since they both have B teams integrated in the regular football pyramid.

I'm managing Belenenses, just got promoted to the 1st division and my B team just won't promote to the Campeonato de Portugal ever. I'm sitting on league reset day just rolling the dice and it never happens. I used the editor to max out its reputation, hired staff, put every single available player there, nothing works. This has been the case for as long as I can remember. Why doesn't this ever get fixed?

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Create B team, it never gets promoted to playable league, never gets games, stays semi-professional and has no use whatsoever

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We're investigating this, but due to the complexity of the changes required I can't make any promises that it will be resolved in FM22. I'm really sorry. 

I have actually managed to promote the team after a year of max reputation. It spawned a bunch of 100 CA newgens at ridiculous contracts (350k/week) which I think is related to the reputation of the team. Seems weird but I guess the formula wasn't accounting for me editing the team's reputation.

Anyway, I can't change their tactics at all. Not their training, not the positions, everything refreshes into a blank slate as soon as I try to change them. I've uploaded my save as "b team tactics bug.fm" so you can take a look.

Thanks in advance

I am having the same issue... I am also managing BELENENSES and got promoted to the 1st Division and my B team never gets a chance to play in the Campeonato de Portugal (4th Division)... which is a bit odd

On 02/03/2022 at 16:30, dsbrs said:

I am having the same issue... I am also managing BELENENSES and got promoted to the 1st Division and my B team never gets a chance to play in the Campeonato de Portugal (4th Division)... which is a bit odd

the team gets created in the lowest tier (regional district league) but since it's not in game, games never get simulated

as I understand it there's kind of a lottery to determine which teams get promoted from non playable leagues, I maxed my B team's reputation in the editor and after 1 year it went up, but I can't hire more than minimal staff and have no control over tactics

yes the B team is created in the Regional League, but it is in the same division where from the 20 clubs are promoted every season to the Campeonato de Portugal league, so hopefully it can be picked for promotion in some random season?