• Switzerland SQUAD REGISTRATION

Mvpallstar
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

Hi guys, I've been playing fm for years but this bug is still there after all those years and it's so annoying. So after 4 years in my career, I took over as head coach at my favorite club Basel in Switzerland in January. And as always, when I'm in a new league, I sell the old players and buy younger ones. And here we come to the old known bug, even though I reduced the squad by half, I can't register the new players because it seems that the already sold players are still considered as players of the club. Could you please fix this problem, because it's been in the game for years and it's annoying every time.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Buy new players in January sell many old players

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

This rule was specifically asked to be implemented by our Swiss researchers - is it incorrect/outdated? If so, could you provide us to some source material we can use to investigate. 

The rule is partially correct. As a club, you can remove players from the list in the winter period who have not yet played for your team this season. In addition, you can remove a maximum of two players from the contingent list who are on loan to another club.

It is also allowed to delete up to 3 players from the list in january.

Here are the rules of the swiss league for the qualification of the players (unfortunately only in german)

https://www.sfl.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/www.sfl.ch/downloads/reglemente/qualifikation/SFL_Reglement_Qualifikation_20-11-2021.pdf

Hi guys,

I'm facing the same issue.

During my 5th Season with Neuchatel Xamax, I've sold some players before winter transfer because they dont want to renew and want to move to young boys or basel.

Still, I've go to the market to try to get young prospect to replace them, and currently I can't register them.

I've ony 14 players on the registered list, and it says I've 22! I really don't understand both rules, the impossibility of replace a current player or because it was been sold to add a new and match the criteria of 12 players with Swiss formation during ages 15 to 21. 

I can't move forward, it's my "career" type of save, already have around 200h into it...any help is much apreciated.

Thank you. 

Am 16.12.2021 um 15:03 schrieb Mvpallstar:

The rule is partially correct. As a club, you can remove players from the list in the winter period who have not yet played for your team this season. In addition, you can remove a maximum of two players from the contingent list who are on loan to another club.

It is also allowed to delete up to 3 players from the list in january.

Here are the rules of the swiss league for the qualification of the players (unfortunately only in german)

https://www.sfl.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/www.sfl.ch/downloads/reglemente/qualifikation/SFL_Reglement_Qualifikation_20-11-2021.pdf

This is correct and was only decided on the latest Swiss club assembly in November, after the game came out. Therefore the new rules are not yet implemented in the game.

The changes are:

- a maximum of two players out on loan are allowed to be scratched off the registration list, even if they've played a game for the club they're under contract with

- a maximum of three players are allowed to be taken off the list in winter, even if they've played a competitive game for the club.

These rules were accepted by the clubs after a request from Basel and Sion.

Fyi, @Kyle Brown

vor 6 Stunden schrieb danygm:

Hi guys,

I'm facing the same issue.

During my 5th Season with Neuchatel Xamax, I've sold some players before winter transfer because they dont want to renew and want to move to young boys or basel.

Still, I've go to the market to try to get young prospect to replace them, and currently I can't register them.

I've ony 14 players on the registered list, and it says I've 22! I really don't understand both rules, the impossibility of replace a current player or because it was been sold to add a new and match the criteria of 12 players with Swiss formation during ages 15 to 21. 

I can't move forward, it's my "career" type of save, already have around 200h into it...any help is much apreciated.

Thank you. 

Unfortunately, we can't fix this in the short term. This will need to be fixed with the winter update. As I explained above, the rules have changed only recently and we were unable to implement the new ones into the game.

As for now, if a player plays one competitive game for a club, he cannot be taken off the registration list at any time. 

Hi, so is the registration bug completely unavoidable, with no workaround? I wasn't aware of it at all and having moved to Young Boys in January after two and half seasons with Zurich, can now not carry on past the registration deadline because there is literally no composition of players that satisfy the registration rules.

Is this really acceptable?

• SI Staff
    On 18/04/2022 at 21:20, Enigma72 said:

Hi, so is the registration bug completely unavoidable, with no workaround? I wasn't aware of it at all and having moved to Young Boys in January after two and half seasons with Zurich, can now not carry on past the registration deadline because there is literally no composition of players that satisfy the registration rules.

Is this really acceptable?

Hi there, it isn't a "bug" as such, because I believe what we have implemented in game was correct at the start of the season and also when FM22 was initially released.  Unfortunately, the changes which have since been approved by the Swiss FA in real life would have been a huge amount of work post-release to fully change in game as it required completely new functionality, so we were not able to make changes for an update and are looking into this situation for the next version of the game. 

The registration rules are clearly stated on the registration screen and the league rules page, it is always advisable to check these out when managing in a nation or competition you aren't fully familiar with.  If you upload your save to our owncloud, we can take a look and see if there's a way around the situation you find yourself in.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi there, it isn't a "bug" as such, because I believe what we have implemented in game was correct at the start of the season and also when FM22 was initially released.  Unfortunately, the changes which have since been approved by the Swiss FA in real life would have been a huge amount of work post-release to fully change in game as it required completely new functionality, so we were not able to make changes for an update and are looking into this situation for the next version of the game. 

The registration rules are clearly stated on the registration screen and the league rules page, it is always advisable to check these out when managing in a nation or competition you aren't fully familiar with.  If you upload your save to our owncloud, we can take a look and see if there's a way around the situation you find yourself in.  Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the response.

The reason I call it a bug is because the game has become frozen in the sense that I can't continue the progress (unless I'm missing something). I understand all it's doing is following the rules set out in the registration but there must be something that's not quite right - I'm guessing to do with the players who left in the days/weeks before I joined in January. I knew about the restrictions and even tried to compensate by signing two HGN players, figuring there may just be spaces I have to keep empty.

Anyway I've uploaded the file, it's Luke Young - YB.

• SI Staff
    On 20/04/2022 at 17:40, Enigma72 said:

Hi, thanks for the response.

The reason I call it a bug is because the game has become frozen in the sense that I can't continue the progress (unless I'm missing something). I understand all it's doing is following the rules set out in the registration but there must be something that's not quite right - I'm guessing to do with the players who left in the days/weeks before I joined in January. I knew about the restrictions and even tried to compensate by signing two HGN players, figuring there may just be spaces I have to keep empty.

Anyway I've uploaded the file, it's Luke Young - YB.

Hi there, we have looked into your save, thanks for that.  I'm in agreement that there should not be a situation like this where you cannot progress, so you are right this is a bug.  For the next version of the game, we will make sure this situation cannot occur.  For your particular save, the only way we can find for you to continue is to "holiday" for one day, whereby the AI forces through a registration submission of 22 players, despite the homegrown rule being broken.  I realise this isn't ideal but it will allow you to continue your save if you wish.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi there, we have looked into your save, thanks for that.  I'm in agreement that there should not be a situation like this where you cannot progress, so you are right this is a bug.  For the next version of the game, we will make sure this situation cannot occur.  For your particular save, the only way we can find for you to continue is to "holiday" for one day, whereby the AI forces through a registration submission of 22 players, despite the homegrown rule being broken.  I realise this isn't ideal but it will allow you to continue your save if you wish.  Thanks!

Thanks for looking into it and hopefully it'll help solve any issue in future games (although the new real life registration rules in Switzerland certainly sound more flexible). I appreciate the quick responses to this!