• I'm in May in England and no youth intake yet?

properdisco
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

I got the preview in December like normal, but no prompt to view the youth candidates game yet and of course no candidates at all. Looking through other teams in my league, they don't seem to have new youth players either as everybody is 17. Should I be worried?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

the National League teams, eg Chesterfield have a youth intake as there are 15 and 16 year olds in U18s with only 2 or 3 games played. Now seems certain I'm not getting one this year as the season's finished now!

Also worth pointing out: I'm in second year (2023), first youth intake went fine. Looking around other youth teams there seems to be little correlation between who has and hasn't got new players

if anyone's looking at my save could they also look at the U23s team? We started in the National League and once we were promoted to League Two I requested the U23s team from my board. There was no U23s league though, so just had to book friendlies. I figured as I requested it during a season, it would be the following year that we would be invited to take part in a U23s league, but there still isn't one and I'm going to have to keep booking friendlies.

I've put a lot of hours into this save but all these bugs with the development system are threatening to be a save killer. Please address if there's anything I can do to 1) ensure I always get a youth intake and 2) join an U23s league, or if these are known bugs

• SI Staff

Hi @properdisco

Thanks for reporting this, and for all the info provided. We've had one other similar report, but have been unable to reproduce the issue internally.

It does seem as though this could be linked to the creation of the u23 team. Do you happen to have save games from before that request was made, and before the Intake Preview for 2023 should have generated, which would have been in December 2022?

The other user that experienced this reported that it worked correctly in following seasons, so hopefully your experience will be the same.

If you can provide any other info that might help us work out what's gone wrong here that would be greatly appreciated! 

I had been wondering if there was a link to the U23 team creation, so that's an interesting report. I don't think I can provide a save from before the request was made unfortunately. 

I can't think of anything other than the new U23s team that could be relevant; although I have noticed under the youth candidates part of the dev. centre (looking in October 2023) my one A-level prospect is a goalkeeper, which was the same as the preview I got in December 2022. This could be a coincidence, or perhaps I will receive 2 intakes in 1 go in March. Will definitely report back when I get to March anyway.

I've also never really noticed the youth candidates tab before, so I'm not sure is it usually possible to see a preview of your intake while in October in England?

Edited by properdisco

Bumping this because I'm now in March and will soon find out whether I get an intake this year or not.

I found out that you definitely shouldn't usually be able to see a complete youth intake preview whilst in October.

I'm also fairly sure this isn't how Liverpool's U18 squad should look like:

image.thumb.png.31046c7866d0d34d709a82cd188b46cf.png

The one other thing I can think of, other than the creation of the U23s team, that could've bugged the game is that I added more leagues as playable to try and attract more offers, which would've came into effect in year 2. Obviously English top 5 tiers were loaded from the beginning but I added the Vanorama North/South and some others. I remember in a FM21 save I had, I was attempting a journeyman thing from a low level and only added the top euro nations after a few years. It seemed to specifically glitch out Mansfield Town who apparently were terribly equipped with awful players and suffered 3 successive relegations with a points total of between 0-5. It also made Thomas Tuchel stop existing for some reason and Chelsea were managed by a generated manager in his 20s with no prior experience. These were quite amusing bugs that I didn't report but it just occurred to me that adding more playable leagues does seem to have some weird effects, although that certainly never disrupted my youth intakes in the previous game.

As for the U23s, I've only ever previously set up B-teams, which don't usually function because the teams are placed into non-playable leagues and there are no visible fixtures, although again of course I've never seen one disrupt a youth intake. Thought the English U23s would work differently as the leagues are in the game but still no visible fixtures. @Andrew James Has there been any recent testing with setting up U23 teams for an English side that didn't previously have one in-game (such as Notts County and probably other non league teams) and whether that could've caused the problem?

Really hope this is just a one year glitch and things start to normalize in mine and everybody's youth systems, or god knows what my save will start to look like! I will found out today or tomorrow, I expect. 400 hours on the line.

Edited by properdisco

• SI Staff

As of yet we still haven't got it reproducing internally, there's a chance it may even be already fixed for new games. If you do see something similar happening again please upload a save from before the youth intake preview generates. We appreciate you all taking the time to post here and hope you continue to enjoy playing :)