• Editing Custom USA database brings up error for Canadian Championship

Digijustin
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a custom USA database that I imported from my FM21 version. When I go to test the rules, I get the error below that the Canadian Championship has the wrong amount of teams. I haven't touched that competition at all and the only other change I have done is move Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal FC teams from nation of USA to Canada. 

CanadianChampError.PNG

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Open my custom database
      Saved it.
      Attempted to test the advanced rules
      Received popup

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Fairly certain that this has something to do with the fact that I don't have MLS and teams like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Those clubs are still based out of Canada in my DB so I'm unsure what has changed.

I got this to finally validate but I had to add the MLS back to the db as extinct and add those 3 teams to it. 

Is MLS hardcoded into things like this?

• SI Staff

Hi there.

The Canadian Championship is a separate North American competition that involves many Canadian teams, so in theory any new format changes to that in game might not be compatible with old database. However, we'd still like to look into this, can you upload both the custom file and save file to our cloud please?

More details here: 

Cheers,

Luke

On 13/11/2021 at 13:06, Luke Hume said:

Hi there.

The Canadian Championship is a separate North American competition that involves many Canadian teams, so in theory any new format changes to that in game might not be compatible with old database. However, we'd still like to look into this, can you upload both the custom file and save file to our cloud please?

More details here: 

Cheers,

Luke

Hey Luke, I have uploaded to your cloud. 

Files are: 

US_DB_Test.fm
    FM22_USA_DB_version0.fmf

Also I was able to get past the Canadian Champ issue by re-adding the MLS into the DB and putting the 3 Canadian teams back into it. But now it validates the DB but on Jan 1, 2022, it causes the game to crash every time. 

Edited by Digijustin

Hey guys, I'm trying to get the old retro database going but I have the same problem with a custom USA file + the Canadian Championship. The Canadian Championship won't run because it thinks it only has 12 out of the required 13 teams. I don't think I extincted anyone, and I didn't touch the CPL + its teams, but who knows. @Luke Hume

0304 FM22 MLS.fmf

• Administrators

I'm afraid no update yet, it's proving tricky but I assure you it's still on the radar of our Dev team.

As soon as we have something more to offer we'll release an update.

Sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for, I can only thank you for your patience so far.