• In-Game Editor missing just like that.

Cross77
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

I was trying to max my current tactical familiartiy in order to try out different tactics on the same matchday, and suddenly it shows me that I do not own the Ingame editor anymore

As you can see i bought it some days ago and it was working like a charm.

For a more technical background:

I own the game + editor via Microsofts GamePass and the game is installed on my D: drive (non SSD because C: simply doesnt have any room)

beleg.PNG

rip.PNG

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play, press Max. Tac-Familiarity on match day for your tactic, and poof, nothing changes and you get rid of your ingame editor.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

This sounds very unusual - we'll flag with out team to investigate further. Thanks for raising. 

Just to check, if you quit the game and go back in, is the IGE now available? Or is it permanently missing for you now? 

Already tried restarting and logging in and out of the microsoft account - didnt help at all. Everytime i get back into the game it shows me that i have to purchase the editor again :(

The same thing has happened to me today, was a solution found? I'm also playing via the game pass and had bought and used the in game editor before it disappeared and asked me to buy it again.

• Administrators

Just to confirm are any of you using custom skins? If so, if you remove them do you encounter the same issue?

If you aren't or that doesn't work, please provide us with the editor cache files, these can be located here by default - C:\Users\Your Windows Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\Caches

In order to locate this file location, you'll need to turn on hidden files and folders as shown here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-1166d1d9f4b5

You can upload the files here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Hi, I'm not using a custom skins and am unable to find the file path you mention. Here's an image of the folder C:\Users\Your Windows Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\

I see the one for last year's game but not this. To confirm, this is the in game editor, not the pre-game editor.

image.png.55ebb0337a44ec8bfafee904cee9844d.png

As mentioned, I followed the instructions to find those cache files and the specified folder wasn't there. If you can be more specific on what you're after in the absence of those specified then I'm happy to upload them, alternatively I can upload everything containing the word cache and ask you to wade through it.

• SI Staff

I appear to have missed that - apologies! Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the Editor to see if this makes any difference? 

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Luke, no worries. Looking back my reply might have come across as a bit grumpy so I apologise for that too.

I'm not sure of a way of uninstalling and re-installing the editor as it's the in-game one not the pre-game one. The only way to reinstall would be to buy it again wouldn't it? Obviously, I'm not wild about that option.

Hi. Was a solution found for this? I play FM through Game Pass, but purchased the editor. Ive logged on today and its greyed out and appears as though I have to pay again if I want to access it. Ive followed the above file path but dont have an entry for the editor so cant find the cahce to upload. Can provide proof of purchase if needed.

On 03/12/2021 at 11:09, Luke Hume said:

I appear to have missed that - apologies! Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the Editor to see if this makes any difference? 

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Luke, could I ask for an update please? It's been two weeks since this issue was raised and, bar a couple of requests that were impossible to follow, nothing seems to have happened at all. To be honest, I don't even feel assured that the problem has been understood as the requests seem to refer to the pre-game editor not the in-game one. This is something that I, and others, have paid for and is not available to us. If you don't have a solution for us, or news that one is imminent then I think it's reasonable to expect my money back.

Richard

Hi, I think ive found my issue. It comes from having two email addresses. I have my original xbox live login linked to an old email address that I was logged in on for the game pass app. For whatever reason, I was logged in to the micosoft store through a differnet email (so essentailly two logins at the same time). I stayed logged in to my xbox live account but changed the store login through profile settings. I reloaded the game and access is there for the in game editor.

57 minutes ago, ChrisJ030886 said:

Hi, I think ive found my issue. It comes from having two email addresses. I have my original xbox live login linked to an old email address that I was logged in on for the game pass app. For whatever reason, I was logged in to the micosoft store through a differnet email (so essentailly two logins at the same time). I stayed logged in to my xbox live account but changed the store login through profile settings. I reloaded the game and access is there for the in game editor.

Thanks for this. It works for me. Means I have to get that "you're store account is different from your xbox account" message but I can put up with that. Cheers again.

Hello, today my In Game Editor is no longer where it used to be until yesterday (when I used it without problem) I tried file integrity with Steam, it said 1 was missing and would be reacquired, then I started the game but the IGE is nowhere to be seen. Help please

Just to add some info, 2 things:

1) I reinstalled the game, nothing happened with my issue.

2) I loaded the last game I was playing yesterday, the in game editor shows, but it is greyed and inaccessible.