• 2nd Team players demanding new contracts for illogical reason and demanding Regular Starter playing time

autohoratio
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm playing as SC Verl in the German third division and have been experiencing a bug where young players from the II Team, who have neither the CA nor PA to play for the first team, are coming to me demanding a new contract because their current one "doesn't reflect the player they've become". All of their current contracts are £100 per week, and end in summer 2022, so I can understand if they want a contract extension (with an increase in wages to maybe £300p/w) to stay at the club, but their reasoning for wanting a new contract doesn't make sense. Some of them can be persuaded to drop their demands and work harder to earn a new contract, either with the "Make your case to me" Challenge dialogue option, followed by "you've been too sloppy in possession", or "I'm not going to give you a new contract just because you've asked for one" Challenge dialogue option followed by (with "Point Finger" gesture) "I'm not going to change my mind, you'll have to earn it on and off the pitch" Insist dialogue option. It's possible that these different dialogue paths have differing effects on the player's contract demands.

However, if I do enter into contract negotiations, they demand Regular Starter playing time, despite having never made an appearance for the first team and their current playing time being set as Youngster. Attempting to negotiate the playing time to Breakthrough Prospect resulted in the player locking the options to Regular Starter or above. When this happened with a previous player, I attempted to negotiate to Impact Sub but the player locked down to Regular Starter and above.

I assume that this has something to do with the affiliate status of German B teams not working properly, and the players are treating the contract negotiations as being for the second Team instead of for the first team?

I've uploaded two savefiles to the SI Cloudservice; one from December 24th, three days before the player wants to discuss personal matters, and one from December 17th in case the extra week has any effect.

image.png.5b86a05d94ce05093af6c9986520dae1.png

image.png.7e5a3099b9f7cc5f9c3789560d29a53b.png

image.png.406315d09d27435cee68a99c8c964edb.png

image.png.27111ef5e1e4866a1fcacb057df2349b.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1) Continue the game until December 27th, when Phil Appelt will come to you asking to discuss personal matters.

2) Discuss New Contract, then either choose "Make your case to me" Challenge dialogue option, followed by "you've been too sloppy in possession", or "I'm not going to give you a new contract just because you've asked for one" Challenge dialogue option followed by (with "Point Finger" gesture) "I'm not going to change my mind, you'll have to earn it on and off the pitch" Insist dialogue option.

3) Offer the player a new contract, and his initial demands will include Regular Starter playing time

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It happens to me too, my U19 players demand for renewing their contract much more wages than my top paid U23 player, even getting near the senior team salaries, its insane :/