• AI teams regularly not using the players they signed from me

properdisco
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Have been noticing this a fair bit since my FM21 save. I remember I was playing as Mainz, pushing the top 3 in Germany, and had Liam Delap up front, who was a star for me but very clearly not as good as the star forwards at Dortmund just from a single glance at the attributes. Regardless, Dortmund decided to pop his £50m release clause one window and signed him. This was okay for me who had backups ready and now an extra 50m in the bank, but I was intrigued how my star would get on - they took about 9 months to debut him and he left having made about 3 appearances. Even the worst £50m signings in history would get more chances than he did. If they're not going to try him, why did they part with 50m for him? The only possible reason I could think of was that we were pushing them for the #2 reputation team in Germany and they wanted to weaken us, but spending a 50m transfer fee to do that seems excessive.

That was definitely the most ridiculous instance of it happening, but it's still happening weirdly often in my 22 save

image.thumb.png.9662453675aa7edbdef6d3d735523600.png

Plymouth paid 18.5k in League One for a player they used twice before moving. I did not offer him out, Plymouth came to me and the player wanted to go.

image.thumb.png.4e1e05488e545348da0688334b4dac83.png

another lower EFL club paying a transfer fee for what seemed to be an emergency backup player for them

image.thumb.png.b8a28d7c63194a946e696f771e8f3d77.png

another high fee at this level for a player not getting a lot of playing time (there have been 20 games in League One thus far this season)

image.thumb.png.f373bf0d60dc6900a354126f3e563d84.pngbit of a funny one here cos I asked for a loan back because I couldn't be bothered to sort a backup GK at that time. 17K fee and 0 apps

image.thumb.png.62c979b4dd4339f5dd609859d055ce32.png

not quite value for money here either

image.thumb.png.1eed20920e4075f92f7d10cd2b43437a.png

and finally, this man couldn't wait to play Eredivisie football....pour one out for him.

Hopefully that's enough examples. And by the way, they were all unasked for transfer offers. I did not offer to clubs or anything like that for these guys. I'm aware bad and unusual signings happen, I make a few myself but they still get more than 1-4 chances if I actually paid a fee at this level, but this seems a bit over-frequent

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'd need some save files prior to these players actually being signed in order to investigate this properly. If you have them, could you please upload via the link below? :)

I uploaded my save 'Tufty Gibbon - Notts Co.fm' last week or so for a different reason. That was probably before some of these transfers, Markelo was probably still at the club. I don't archive my saves that long though so I can't provide one.

• Administrators

We'll take a look into that save anyway, thank you!

You can set autosaves to happen at more frequent interval and that way you'll always have a point of reference say every month/fortnight. :)