• Non-negotiable offers overused by AI

properdisco
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Known Issue

Description of issue

There's really nowhere to go with these types of transfer offers and I don't think they're realistic for first-time transfer offers at all. Fair enough if after some negotiating, a club says "and that's my final offer". Also fair enough if there's a semi negotiable fee and you can try to add things like future fees etc. But the way it's done now is silly because who goes all in with their biggest offer for a player straight away and then gives up? Negotiation and co-operation between clubs is key in basically every transfer you could care to name.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just to bump this thread -- it's still a problem.  I have no idea how to report this with saves (do you want them before I get offers?  After?  After some, but before others?  It's hard to report issues that are patterns of behavior rather than discrete incidents).  I've got a 22 year old centerback, one year left on his deal, capable of being a first-XI player in any of the big 5 leagues, on a pretty reasonable wage.  I've received four offers.  All non-negotiable.  I have another centerback, prime of his career, not quite world-class but certainly good enough to be in a team that wins a title and a first-team regular for me, and I'm getting non-negotiable offers loan offers from rival teams that finished below me in the league. 

I hope the improvement also changes when players are offered to other clubs. Right now I have a player that don't want to sign a new contract and three interested clubs. To offer the player to the clubs I start with offering the player with a high asking price and then do repeated offerings with lower asking price until one of the clubs make a bid. I think a more realistic and user friendly functionality would be to be able to ask the interested clubs how much they are willing to pay for the player and then enter negotiations based on the replies from the interested clubs.