• Player at club not at club but also at club twice

Sandy Tait
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Managing Dinamo, in my 2nd season at the club, I stumbled upon this player in my team. 

image.thumb.png.8ab6bc702f07bce2555ba63b2309bc87.png

The weird thing is, he wasn't there last season and I didn't sign him. He also doesn't show up in my team list and I only spotted him by chance while using a scout prog.  Note also the "Available on a free transfer" bit and the lack of even a rolling contract.

Anyway, seeing as how he's a fairly decent left back and I needed cover in that position, I offered him a new contract in the hope that this would resolve the issue of him being there-but-not-there. And it did, sort of. He started showing in the team list, and his history updated for him to be at my club. 

image.thumb.png.354d8b359f7aa5eff5a3018377d4851a.png

Only... he was still without a contract and on a free transfer, and while I offered him a contract I never had any notification that he accepted - he just appeared in the team list.  So I offered him another contract. Again, no notification of any acceptance, but now he's in my teamlist twice, valued as "not for sale", and still marked as being available on a free transfer and not having a contract. 

image.thumb.png.c51203a17dddf58e77814a5fe1d169a7.png

I then tried using the in-game editor to move him to my club in the hope that this would fix it. It sort of worked, because he's no longer available on a free transfer and he has a contract.

image.thumb.png.87854573a7644061bfbc5180a2400c74.png

But... 

image.thumb.png.46789ba90e83d3a08be6f7ef98d80bfa.png

Any ideas??

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: using the in-game editor to move him to my club, then dropping him to the reserves and promoting him straight back to the first team seems to fix both the contract issue and the multiple listings on the team list, though it does make his career history look a bit screwy (three entries for the same club during the same season) but assuming this doesn't cause any further issues it's a workable fix.

image.thumb.png.734b7a0a2f923afbcdeef2ade94fe1e5.png

• Administrators

Going to be a tough one to replicate as we need a wider range of saves, but we've taken a note and if we spot it during internal testing we'll be sure to get to the bottom of it - thank you for flagging it. :)

On 13/07/2022 at 10:27, Kyle Brown said:

Going to be a tough one to replicate as we need a wider range of saves, but we've taken a note and if we spot it during internal testing we'll be sure to get to the bottom of it - thank you for flagging it. :)

Further info: I've gone back to autosave from 12th June 2025, which is before I spotted the player, and he doesn't appear in the database at all! Wondered if it might be something to do with leagues being added/removed, or the season refresh date, so holidayed until 30th June and lo and behold he's there, as a free agent who's at the club but not appearing the team list - search for him and you'll find him though.

Also, "a wider range of saves" uploaded:

"Journeyman - Dinamo (v03)" - Player not at club and does not appear to be in database

"Journeyman - Dinamo (v02)" - Player at club but has no contract and is not showing in the team list; can be searched for

"Journeyman - Dinamo" - Player is at club, still has no contract (two offered), and appears in team list twice

Hope these are of use!