• Signed play for free but have to pay another club fees after games played

Weed07
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm managing Barrow in League One and signed a player on a free transfer from Arsenal called Marcelo Flores when his contract ended. He has made 1 start for me in the cup and then came off the bench in 1 league game, after the league game i got a message saying he was 5 appearences away from making 10 appearences which will trigger a transfer clause to pay Ipswich £10k. This seemed strange as i got him for free so i checked my transfer clause screen and in there is shows i need to pay Ipswich £150k after another 5 appearences. 

The player according to his history has never even played for Ipswich, only Arsenal and we got him at when his contract ended with no compensation as he was set to be released so we shouldn't be paying anyone anything based on appearences. I've put some screen shots below and i have also uploaded my save named Barrow Flores Transfer Bug.

After the save i uploaded i have gone forward until he played his 5 more games and we paid out £150k to Ipswich even though he hasn't actually played 10 games for us, he did however play 3 times for Arsenal which may be counting towards the total games. Also after that payout we now have a clause showing we owe Ipswich a further £45k after 19 first team appearences (this may have been 20 and hes played a game since it appeared and i hadn't noticed). That would be £195k for 30 games for a player i got for free to a club he's never played for.

The only thing i think may have happened is if Flores was poached by Arsenal from Ipswich and Arsenal owe them the money which has somehow transferred over to us which shouldnt happen and after the next payout there could be more appearing, i hope not as £195k is already too much for a club that has no money.

I have also checked the club finances and we only show as £45k expenditure for transfers even after supposidly paying Ipswich £150k but this is still £45k more than we had spent

image.png.8f4cef44d892e1ffc5d5f0c72f7fcbfd.png

image.thumb.png.33a761d0298a294b2dda18078f6cd5ca.png

image.thumb.png.3d5b96ac5636835d93ea2a2774b66ab6.png

image.png.e3851f7b23af69e3bf72b6abd3888c16.png

image.thumb.png.659dac92f67105a9cf160287e8af79e9.png

image.thumb.png.b8739efd125d624599aa72f7e4e1d637.png

image.thumb.png.43bfb1db2b983afa37e5a4b27e1dbf2d.png

image.thumb.png.abc09f3d92406c34529122185c1ac08f.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Check inbox messages on day of save to see the message
      Check play history to he played at Arsenal and signed on free for Barrow and never played for Ipswich
      Check Transfers > Clauses to see the money owed
      Holiday with Flores selected in team or play forward until he plays 5 more games and message appears saying £150k paid
      Check Trasnfers > Clauses to see new amount owed

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've just started a new game as Arsenal Manager and Ipswich manager they have clauses that shows Arsenal will pay Ipswich the £150k so it looks like that has transferred over to Barrow when we signed him. I'm not sure where the next £45k has come from as its not in either Arsenals or Ipswichs transfer clauses, maybe we have only actually payed £45k of the £150k and the rest spreadout over further appearences? either way we shouldn't be paying anything that has been agreed between those clubs, its just a good job its not for millions of pounds.

I should also note that i didn't in the orginal post is that the save was started in Beta and continued with the full release if that makes any difference.

I've found a save from before he signed for us but the future end of contract transfer has been agreed, i've uploaded it named Barrow Flores Transfer Bug before signing