• Captains automatically changed if on vacation

phantombandit
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Hello

I do not know if this is a bug, oversight or just bad game design:

I am playing in a lower league where most of my team are on non contract. I went on vacation until the next season but accidently missed the 'choose new captains' email (which is completely not needed as you can pick captains any time). The problem is this email is not skippable and the default selection is on the recommended captains not the current captains.

As I did not notice that I missed this email, I saved the game upon coming out of vacation. I got an email that my star striker (and now 'former' vice captain) had an offer from another team. Wanting to retain my star striker I quickly went to offer him a new semi pro contract that would lock him in, only to get a message that he had no interest in a new contract. Upon further investigation I noticed that he was furious after having his captaincy revoked, automatically, by my assistant coach, with no input from me.

This can be easily fixed thru one of the following:

1. Make all start of season emails (code of conduct, club vision, captain etc...) pull you out of vacation to handle. All of these are frustrating to miss as they can not be changed later.

2. Remove the 'chose captain' email. Unless you have a vacancy, there is no reason this cant be handled on your own time.

3. Have a 'leave as is' option (that is the default if you miss the email) or have the default options be your current captains.

The latter two solutions would be ideal even in a scenario where the first option is implemented as the captain email is frustrating to deal with anyway. Most of the time I do not want to change my captains and the fact that I have to; manually check who is captain currently, set those as my captains for next year and ensure that it is in the correct captain, vice captain order, is just annoying. And half the time I need to load last save because I made a mistake and accidently revoked someone's captaincy.

I know I am probably just salty after losing my star player to a technicality, but I dont see why this needs to be a feature of the game.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      be on vacation when you get the captaincy email while having someone with higher leadership on your team than your captain/vice captain

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @phantombandit,

In order to look into this issue for you more closely we require a few things from you. What we will need is a save game from before the issue occurred so that we can replicate the issue as accurately as possible. Can you also tell us which mobile device you are running the game on, what version of Android/iOS that the device is currently using and the version number of the game as well please. Follow the link below for instructions on how to upload files to us.